First off some history… I’m a former US Army JFO that has since been qualified to be so since
2007. I was also the consultant to DCS: A-10C for some of the JTAC material and things I experienced in
the real country of Afghanistan, in the Kunar Province (2008-2009). To this day I have zero fratricide
incidents and civilian casualties in both the real world and in-game. I’ve dealt with a few pilots and
trained a few as well (In Afghanistan they were good anyway, both pilots and my FOs) so this is what I
feel when dealing with most pilots on various servers:
are hoping you know what you are doing. Plus you’re just fucking annoying and should spend
more time in The Editor, NOT on a server. Matter of fact some servers (though they should
enforce it more) specify that their server is not a flight school. It’s not, its virtual combat and
nobody has time for a shit pilot to come on and waste their time and get killed. There’s
something called “The Editor” which comes with the game that you should learn how to use, the
server when people are getting shot at or have tanks running around because you don’t know
what to do is a bad thing. I’ll shoot you down myself.
something. Which means learning comms so you can work on getting the mission
create lag by inadvertently destroying buildings, which is a holdover from Arma 2. So be mindful
that if you go about running and gunning destroying buildings, then you’re a problem, not a
distance shots with it so you can avoid the pesky infantrymen.
to get motivated and get it done.
confusion. It’s not your mission so shut the fuck up.
act like you’re hot shit. Get it through your heads.
The 562nd Tactical School Pilot-JFO-JTAC Guide is a guide on how to be a better pilot and to be a better JTAC in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- Added Juggling
- Some nigh work in relation to the Landmark and explain some of the natural difficulties at night.
- Corrected Nautical Miles to Meters (thanks to geraldbolso1899)
- Added Long Distance Shooting
- Fixed some information, made it more clear for the pilot's side as well as the JTACs
- Added Getting a Joystick/Using a Joystick
- Added Not using the 9-Line
- Changed header image
- Changed font
- Moved Targeting Pod Script to Appendix 2
- Added Countermeasures and and some Ending Notes (note I will continue to add to this document, just the thing to add at the end of a document, etc.).
- Added more on the Laser Designation portion (eventually going to redo the specific sections)
- Grammar tweaks
- Added Landmarks to the Pilots section.
- Added Appendix 1: Using the Editor
- Added Generating a 9-Line in the JFO/JTAC section
- Tweaked pilot version to better support the JFO/JTAC section.
- Added Line 9 (thanks for the catch geraldboso1899...)
- Added Radio recommendations to it as well.
- first release
- BI forums