JBOY Burning/Exploding Barrel scriptby
Here's a demo mission featuring my burning exploding barrel scripts.
Installation / Usage:
Download the mission files and put them where your editor missions are, and you can see how its put together.
To use in your mission you will need to:
1. Copy code from init.sqf.
2. Copy JBOY script directory.
3. Copy sound files in Sound directory.
4. Copy the sound class entries from the description.ext file.
In the demo mission, the 3 barrels on the road have the additional call to respawn the barrels. This should be MP compatible. For respawn, add this line of code to the barrel's init line:
_nul = [this, 2, 1] execVM "barrelRespawn.sqf"; // the 3rd parameter is # of minutes to delay before respawn (1 minute in this example)
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
I have tested it on a dedicated server, so I believe it is MP compatible.
This script is featured in my Leper Island Coop mission which I hope you will try. Please post some feedback on the Leper Island mission if you can.
License / Disclaimer:
As far as usage of this script, feel free to use and modify it any way you like and include in any mission. Just try and remember to credit me somewhere.
Added option to respawn exploding barrels after a delay. Credits for this go to Dr. Death Jim who provided the barrel respawn script.
- fixed problem where barrels attached to a truck weren't launching when exploding
- a few other tweaks.
The workaround was to create a screwdriver object and attach the barrel to it, then launch the screwdriver with setvelocity. The effect is now fixed.
- The only change I made was to replace the screams with scream sounds I recorded myself. The old scream sounds I downloaded free from the web years ago, but I don't want to risk a licensing issue.
- first release
- BI forums