Requirements: No addons required
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: A config patch for ArmA 2 OA
Date: 2015-03-13 22:58
I want to inform the community that I'm working on a simple config patch for Arma 2 OA. My objective is to correct all the errors that ArmA 2 OA (1.63) show with the command line -showScriptErrors.
This is still WIP cause first I have to find these errors and then try to correct them.
If anyone know about some of these errors that ArmA 2 OA (1.63), with no mods, show in-game with the command line -showScriptErrors, inform me in this thread and I will try to fix them.
In earlier version 188.8.131.52 I had fixed two common errors:
1. The Functions Module error relative to the BIS_fnc_init variable not initialized;
2. Some errors relative to the handleGear.sqf script, launched when entering in the gear menu or by clicking items in the gear menu.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
How to test:
To try out the fixes, first launch ArmA 2 OA (1.63) without mods and without this addon. Enter the editor, place a unit and a Functions Module (F7) and click Preview. You will see one error throwed by the function module. Then press the gear menu key (usually "G") and you will see another error (even if you click on a item inside the gear menu).
Then launch ArmA 2 OA (1.63) with only this addon and repeat the above test.
For some fixes (like the Fire-In-The-Sky Bug fix) to take effect, it is mandatory to install this addon both server and client side
More fixes will be added soon.
- Fixed few "Undefined variable.." remaining bugs
- Fixed the Bitter Chill mission lag
- Changed Garbage Collector Module behaviour: now it doesn't automatically collect not-alive objects when it starts, for default. If you want to activate the "auto-collect" feature you have to set the "auto" variable of the module itself (ex. BIS_GC setVariable ["auto", true, true])
- Added CCP feature Nr. 63107 (thanks to defunkt for permission to use his Anzins mod)
- Fixed BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication error on MP environment (thanks to Dimon)
- Fixed BIS Garbage Collector Module error introduced with CorePatch (thanks to OpsuFmSPol)
- Fixed some errors of MP Framework initialization with CorePatch
- Really fixed "Bitter Chill" campaign mission bug (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2870710)
- Fixed two "Undefined variable.." errors on Shapur_BAF and Zargabad intro scenes
- Added CCP feature Nr. 67747
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 69133 even relative to CIT bug Nr. 24844
- Added CCP feature Nr. 67651
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 69186
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 68114 even relative to CIT bug Nr. 15626
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 66695
- Fixed CorePatch error on accessing campaigns
- Fixed some more "Undefined Variable..." errors of BIS Warfare Module
- Improved Javelin CLU optics with improvements from Anzins mod with permissions by Defunkt
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 71144
- Fixed BIS SP Mission "Bear Rising"
- Fixed "Bitter Chill" campaign mission bug (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2870710) even relative to CIT bug Nr. 10160
- Fixed main menu slow loading (thanks OMAC!)
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 69143
- Improved A2 M249: now it can use the "200Rnd_556x45_L110A1" magazine from BAF
- Fixed few bugs of BIS SP Mission "Eye For Eye"
- Fixed: Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\hesdowne.wss' error
- Fixed: Warnings in ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_fixedat1model\p3d\ccp_at1.p3d:shadow(1000)
- Fixed: BIS SP Mission "Littlebird"
- Fixed optics modes of "M4A1_HWS_GL" and "M4A1_HWS_GL_CAMO"
- Fixed BIS credits scene
- BI forums