Bornholm for Arma 3 is a vast terrain in a North-European setting, filling the need for new and exciting areas of operation in Arma. With its various changes in elevation and vegetation you will find yourself fight wars in a variated and fascinating battlezone.
Area about 280km^2
Heightmap resolution in terrain 5.5 metres
Island Measures a span of 20km x 14km
Terrain 22 x 22km
Height is between -30 to 182m with a lot of elevation changes
About 1.73 million objects scattered nicely across the entire island.
31 cities, villages and towns
Large forests, large open fields, narrow cities, lots of hills, crests and valleys
Ohh, and a couple of easter eggs
To install the Bornholm you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
No lights on TV Tower near Nexoe
For developers and terrain makers: The source files for the terrain, the textures, the models and the config files. Everything you need to continue developing this terrain. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to commit and continue my self, so here's the chance for you guys to keep working on it if you like.
Two things to note! 1) Always keep it under the Arma Share alike license. 2) Please don't dilute the terrain by making several different variations. Instead try to help each other so there's almost only one version out there. End players don't want to have a evening ruined by having downloaded different versions, so please respect this.
Bornholm for Arma 3 Arma Source Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ve1o8CW3t7Z1pWbklDQlVrZVk/view?usp=sharing
Credits & Thanks:
-- Big Outstanding Thanks goes to + permissions to use data, models etc. from:
Fabiano Gonzalez for lightning from Chernarus
Opteryx, Bad Benson, Minimalaco & Robster for PRAA and OPX plants
Mikebart for dandelions
Summplants guys for the lush variants of A2 vegetation
Bushlurker for vital help
M!lkman for vital help
Mikero for fantastic tools and vital help
SmokeDogRich for a great sparring and vital help
@GeoDataStyrelsen for height and terrain data
_oMMe_ for normal map help
DeanosBeano for ground texture trick
Danish Armed Forces and iRacingDanmark.dk groups for extensive testing
All the guys in the Arma Map Making Skype channel. Could not have done it without your help in the last 15 months working in my baby
Lighting changes to fix skies and black clouds
Few bug fixes
- Make Arma Not War Edition
- Optimized terrain by removing 39,000 trees. Terrain should be less taxing.
- Added a few hidden mine shafts near Hasle
- Fixed jump bug near Oestermarie Airfield
- Changed satellite colors to give it a more fresh appearance
- Changed grass textures to match grass objects better
- Optimized island (removed another 5000 trees, and made openings in forests)
- Lowered height of clutter in wild grass areas. Now it should be just possible to lie in the grass an aim.
- Added 8-10 new hills in the North and 3 new hills in the South East for game play optimization
- Corrected roads to align to satellite texture
- Brightened satellite texture so it looks more summer and more realistic
- Removed bunch of buildings in Almegaard Kaserne to make room for custom FOBs inside the walls
- Smoothened the Northern part. It's still rocky and a rough terrain but roads should be more smooth now
- Made wheat fields occluding to AI. They can still shoot at you and track you mostly by last visible position along will your sound emissions
- Fixed other building positions etc.
- Optimized the center forest (removed approx 30000 trees, making small openings in forest)
- Changed MaxSpeedCoef for terrain types of forest and grass underlay. This means civilian cars can now run off roads
- Realigned a few buildings
- Stars in the night shine brighter
- Moon shine brighter
- Swapped audio clips of birds in forests and meadows
- Fixed 60.000 errors in RPT logs
- Correct textures on models so it's all now packed into Objects.pbo
- Added sandbagwalls to Raghammer area
- Realigned city sign in Allinge
- Realigned Ghost Hotel in Roenne
- Fixed various terrain and object placements errors
- First release
- BI forums