Requirements: No addons required
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: This addon provides enhancements for the ArmA markers system.
Date: 2014-10-19 10:40
After publication of "Sweet markers system" by swatSTEAM, I decided to publish my old markers system too.
This addon provides enhancements for the ArmA markers system.
Main advantages are:
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
The addon mimics default ArmA behavior where it's possible.
1. To add jugged-line marker the one should press Ctrl key and left-click by mouse somewhere on the map. That would start the process of placing the jugged-line marker. The next segments of the marker then could be placed by just left-clicks of mouse. The last segment could be removed by pressing Backspace key, the whole process could be canceled by pressing Escape key.
Left/right cursor keys change the color of the marker, Up/down - its thickness. After all needed segments are placed, Enter key must be pressed to confirm the marker creation and sending it to the current chat channel.
2. The addon provides the possibility to use hotkeys for switching color and type of markers (both ordinary and jugged-line markers). The hotkeys are assigned through userconfig file: "<ArmA installation directory>\userconfig\DMapAdvMarkers\config.txt"
The description of the config format is provided as comments in file itself.
The default config is:
1. Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, ..., Ctrl-0 set color of marker.
2. Ctrl-Q, ..., Ctrl-T, Ctrl-A, ..., Ctrl-G, Ctrl-Z, ..., Ctrl-B set type of marker.
3. The marker types available in-game and their order could be set through userconfig by command markerslist. The default config enables 16 standard marker types.
4. The colors of marker available in-game and their order could be set through userconfig by command colorslist.
5. Pressing Alt key on map temporary shows/hides channel of existing markers on the map and/or their creators' nicknames. The actual behavior could be changed through "Options" entry in notes list. The behavior then stored in user profile namespace.
6. The addon provieds the possibility to user hotkeys for sending the marker to a particular chat channel. The actual hotkeys are configurated in user config. Default combinations are:
1. Ctrl-L - send to vehicle channel
2. Ctrl-; - send to group channel
3. Ctrl-' - send to side channel
Unfortunately, the addon doesn't support the loading of saved game at the moment, thus has limited support of single player game mode.
The addon must be activated both on server and on clients.
License / Disclaimer:
I totally refuse to accept responsibility for anything that might happen to your game/computer/life as a result of using my addons.
If you accept this, then feel free to use and modify this code, on the proviso that you post back changes and improvements so that everyone can benefit from them, and acknowledge the original author (Drill) in any derivative works. Wrapping my unacknowledged work up inside an encrypted pbo addon does not count as returning it to the community.
- first public release
- BI forums