The F/A-18X Black Wasp is a fictional, twin-engine carrier-based multi-role fighter aircraft variant based on the Boing F/A-18E Advanced Super Hornet. The aircraft features many advanced technologies and systems including semi- stealth capability, conformal fuel tanks, and enclosed weapons pods.
This project started as an upgrade to our previous project the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet. We wanted to rebuild the aircraft from our previous version and give it a look befitting of Arma 3. John and I joined in on the Make Arma not War contest to test what we can do and decided that we should push the limits even more with the F/A-18's and thus came the F/A-18X Black Wasp. We have many great ideas and features planned for this aircraft and much to do. No matter the outcome we will deliver the best addon that we can deliver to the community.
- Upgraded model based on the Boeing F/A-18E Advanced Super Hornet
- New first person cockpit [currently WIP]
- Improved flight model
- New animations for many items to include landing gear and canopy
- Upgraded Service Menu including Low and High profile configurations - 150+ possible configurations including the new EWP and GBU-39D Small Diameter Bomb
- Updated and authentic missile box
- Targeting/ATFLIR system [new concept WIP]
- Master Modes for Navigation, Air to Air, Air to Ground and Dog fighting [WIP]
- Upgraded EGI [Embedded GPS/ INS] system for GPS guided ordinance
- Ejection sequence
- Splendid visual effects
- New set of splendid sounds
- Full customization of visual looks in players control [new concept WIP]
- New collision light system
- Carrier capability [will be compatible with upcoming USS FREEDOM]
- Reduced radar cross section for EWP loadouts
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
For usage instructions and information of how to use the F/A-18 X Black Wasp please refer to the included documentation.
Add-on can be found under: - NATO/ AIR/ - F/A-18X Black Wasp
- Arming Menu/Paint Scheme menu upgrades using new Arma 3 arsenal
- Independant missile box and upgrades to increase authenticity of weapon systems
- Upgraded HUD
- Modular semi- stealth capability [WIP]
- U.S.S. FREEDOM CVN-83 Aircraft Carrier
This is BETA release, within next few days we will be updating this add-on and adding final touches to it, so please be patient. Also as always any contractive feedback is appreciated. This is where you can help us to shape this project to new level. Steam workshop page will be added soon for thouse who prefer to handle their mods via new ARMA 3 launcher.
Make Arma Not War:
If you like our work, please support us in the contest!
Vote for us in MakeArmaNotWar
Credits & Thanks:
ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive
Project lead: Saul
Author of this concept: Saul and John_Spartan
Brand new model: Saul and John_Spartan
HD textures: Saul GUI dialog by: John_Spartan
Config and scripts by: John_Spartan
Flight Model and animations by: John_Spartan
Sounds by: LordJarhead [JSRS-Studios]
Advisers: Franze, Gnat, Vengeance1, Iceman77, Rock
Special thanks goes to all our BETA testers with testing latest version. And of course all the community members for being so kind and posting valuable information/tutorials and solutions about how to mod this game.
License / Disclaimer:
You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.
This add-on is the property of Saul and John_Spartan with loads of hard work invested in it, please respect that. The authors take no responsibility for any damages this program may cause, use at your own risk.
This addon is released under:
Creative Commons Licence
designed for use in ARMA 3 version 1.32
- Arma 3 1.38 compatability fixes
- added some small sound effect tweaks here an there
- fixed a bug with ejection system
- tweaked setup/init module
- first release
- BI forums