When it comes to the 9mm Parabellum round, theres really only one weapon family that makes it work for it's keep- the MP5.
Pistol-round SMG variant of the venerable G3 rifle- an SMG so good that it's been in the arms of police and SF unit for half a century now. Everything that the MP5 is can be attributed to it's parented design, but it's longstanding can only be attributed to just how much performance it squeezes out of a pistol round. The M4 may be the new contender for the position of door-banger's choice for it's ability to engage at ranges longer than 150m, but the MP5 more than holds it's own right up to the VERY margin of that line and slightly beyond with it's free-float barrel (only held back by the sheer limitations of the round).
In short, the MP5 eats what you feed it, shoots where you point it, runs how you need it to and breaks down how you'd like it to. Exactly what you need.
In this pack you get 10 variations of the venerable SMG, from it's most basic as the MP5a2 to the most extravegant as the MP5/10 and everything in between. Additionally three suppressors are provided. No two of these weapons are identical in performance, weight, or inertia. Very similar, but not the same.
To install the NIArms MP5 SMGs you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the NIArms MP5 SMGs please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Credits & Thanks:
Spartan0536 – 9x19mm Ballistics
Twinke-masta (Johan Santana) – MP5 Base Mesh/UV
Geno – Mp5 Textures
Christian Oelund – MP5K-PDW Stock, Rear rotary drum – FireArms Source (http://http://www.firearms-source.com/)
Toadie – Animation,sound mixing, MP5/10 Reciever Texture, MP5/10 Magazine texture, Agenda Six Suppressor
r_populik – Gemtech Tundra mesh/textures
Milo – MP5SD Suppressor Mesh
El Maestro Del Graffiti – Mp5SD Suppressor texture
zulmargera87– Mp5 low-profile clawmount mesh/textures
Thanez– KAC MP5 Rail mount mesh/textures, MP5k Foregrip, reciever, endcap textures
Tigg– M203 mesh/textures, Rail covers
Arby26– Surefire WML Foregrip mesh, textures.
Sound samples from –
Vunsunta, Chuck Russom, Frank Bry
- Implemented XML Stringtables
- Japanese Language String Translation (Credit: ClassicArma)
- French Language String Translation (Credit: StalkerSoC)
- Implemented MagzineWells, Compatible with JAM
- Implemented Magazine Proxies
- Replaced M203 and Quadrant sight on GL Variant with M203-2003 and NICO ladder sight.
- All full-size MP5s are Split into Tactical and Standard Variants
- Added Slim-Line Foregrip as attachment
- New animations
- MP5/10 Sights corected
- MP5K-PDW Reverted to standard sights.
- MP5K Reverted to standard model (KA1 will make a return in a later version)
- Soundshader Volume Relevelling
- Weapons use new Muzzleflashes.
- Weapon inventory icons now use New system
- all mass values recalculated to unified standard.
- New Meshes,Textures provided by Krycek
- MP5K-PDW now has one Zero setting - 100m
- MP5K made A1 Variant
- All MP5s, except MP5/10 have been re-zeroed.
- Soundshader/Soundset changes:
+ Occlusion and Obstruction issues fixed (Gunshots no longer occluded by an A4 sheet held to face)
+ Midrange Gunshots tweaked
+ Tail volumes improved
+ Minor sound volume tweaks across the board
- General AI Behaviour improvements.
- Removed hlc_muzzle_Tundra
- Added hidden selections (See classes for details)
- Allow packing MP5 to vest (Credit: Robalo)
- Overhaul MP5 pack config (Credit: Robalo)
- Clean up outdated recoil params (Credit: Robalo)
- Added New soundshader samples by Navaro, Configs adjusted.
- Apply weight based config tweaks for MP5
- Whitespacing formatting conformed (Credit: YoursTruly)
- JR attachment slots cleanup(Credit: Robalo)
- Fixed: ItemInfo and WeaponsSlotsInfo errors (credit YoursTruly)
- Magazine external dependencies fix- dependency on hlc_wp_Aug removed from magazines
- Soundshader alterations- brought closerange gunshot audio down to more comparable audble ranges to default/Laxemann ranges (less over-range/clipping)
Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
Arsenal Icons implemented
Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.
Leupold Mk.4 LR/T and Redfield AR-TEL now use correct zoom levels (4-10x and 3-9x respectively)
Adjustments to Ironsights- diopter axises recentered, animated ironsights.
SOME INHERITANCIES HAVE BEEN ALTERED. IF YOU HAVE REFERRED TO CLASSES IN THIS PACK, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK class CHILD : PARENT RELATIONSHIPS
- firelight variables on MP5SD5/6
- magazineReloadSwitchPhase added to MP5 base class
- made Supplybox "Zeus Discoverable"
- Added Zeus spawnable individual weapons.
- adjustment to the gunshot tails volume, should be less overt.
- all Mp5s use own recoil instead of inheriting A3 SMG values.
- shader and material adjustment, slight increases in specularity.
- ShadowLOD mesh optimisations (all)
- moved deploypivot for all weapons without bipods to under the magazine (because muh gameplays)
OPTIONAL CONTENT NOW INCLUDED-
- RHS Compatibility
- ACE3 Compatibility (HuntIR rounds specifically)
- CUP Compatibility
(RHS and CUP Compat may or may not work together,depending on your mod setup. Source provided if you wish to build your own)
- Physical materials on all MP5s now uniformly correct (no longer made of sawdust)
- Error relating to SilencedSound on 9mmar fixed
- Added ACE3 Ballistic Data(Credit- Ruthberg)
- Added Unique Meshes to magazines
- All weapons made compatible with V1.42 engine update (deploy pivot points added, make limited use of new "tails" sound system where possible)
- Reduced audible range on MP5SD5 and 6
- Added Tritium insert to MP5N Front Post
- MP5SD5 and SD6 now both fire at the correct subsonic speed regardless of ammo.
- Corrected typo in suppressor inheritance
- Added support to Advanced Ballistics mod
- Altered Inheritance of suppressors.
- first release
- NIArms Core
- Community Base Addons
- BI forums