Date: 2015-01-18 23:39
This addon adds a fully functional velociraptor to arma 3. it can be controlled by both the player and a custom made AI routine.
There is a male and a female version of the raptor and several texture variants for each of them.
the focus for this release was to create a stable platform to develope more creatures on. so the raptor is basically the prototype for other species that might be added later.
the goal was mostly getting one creature fully fleshed out and as stable as possible. since arma is not really designed with anything other than humans in mind, it was necessary to deactivate certain features like inventory access as much as we could.
the biggest issue we faced was making the AI move wirth determination.
this addon adds a fully functional velociraptor to arma 3. it can be controlled by both the player and a custom made AI routine.
there is a male and a female version of the raptor and several texture variants for each of them:
and the jump attack: this will, if aimed successfully, make the raptor pin down its victim and maul him to death unless the raptor gets killed in the process.
Also the Ai will scream when detecting enemys
and when placed in group, the raptor will call his teammates for supporting.
fatigue, as for humans, has to be managed for the raptor too. every attack, jump and sprint will cost stamina.
To install the Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
You find the raptor under Bluefor,Opfor and Resistance => Dinosaurs
Here you find
Raptor (player only) - Place for playing as raptor
Raptor(AI only) - Place for having AI controlled raptor
for PvP balancing purposes and general mission balancing the ability for mission makers to change the damage a raptor can make was added. below you can see the needed variables and their default values.
to change the values just execute the code below with preferably a bit of delay to overwrite the global variables of the addon.
the first one is player raptor damage, the second one is the Ai raptor damage and the second one is the damage both of them do on each cycle while mauling someone after a successful jumpattack.
rup_raptor_dam = 0.5;
rup_raptor_dam_AI = 0.4;
rup_raptor_dam_maul = 0.2;
adding favorite skin to your raptor:
this setIdentity "SKIN NAME";
RaptorF1_ID1, RaptorF1_ID2, RaptorF1_ID3, RaptorF1_ID4
RaptorF2_ID1, RaptorF2_ID2, RaptorF2_ID3, RaptorF2_ID4
RaptorM1_ID1, RaptorM1_ID2, RaptorM1_ID3, RaptorM1_ID4
Spacebar =jump (use mouse to look up and jump higher)
G= Scream or Eat
Left Mouse = Attack
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
-swimming does not work
-raptors can stuck in falling animation when spawned.
-raptors do not work in buidling at the moment (they walk to fast which cause glitching throw walls.
-raptor AI can walk under water.
-raptor AI can get stuck in jumpAttack animation
Make Arma Not War:
If you like our work, please support us in the contest!
Vote for us in MakeArmaNotWar.
Credits & Thanks:
models, textures and animations: Ruppertle
UI textures: Ruppertle, BadBenson
configs and scripting:Ruppertle, BadBenson
AI intelligence: BadBenson
License / Disclaimer:
modification of the contents of this addon is only allowed with direct permission of both of the original authors.
should permission be granted by the authors the contents of this addon are under APL-SA license. that means that modification of any derivative of the original content also requires permission of both original authors.
- Permission of authors required for any type of modification that results in redistribution even/especially in modified state
- Noncommercial - You may not use this material for any commercial purposes.
- Arma Only - You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in other games than Arma.
- Share Alike - If you adapt, or build upon this material after receiving permission, you may distribute the resulting material only under the same license.
- fixed: animation locality bugs in MP
- fixed: sound locality bugs in MP
- fixed: player raptor get stuck when walking on objects/buildings
- fixed: no more talking raptors
- changed: raptors use engine target info, which ensures more complex behavior and additionally better performance. nice side effect: they share target info when grouped with eachother
- changed: default damage values
- added: raptors now attack vehicles, this also takes into account if you are sitting in an exposed seat or not
- added: escaping from raptors
- added: raptors go investigate last known location after losing victim's track
- added: target priority system to ensure attacking always the nearest and softest target
- added: detection screams
- added: reaction animation for when raptors are hit by bullets
- added: animation based ragdoll replacement (when being ran over or hit by explosives)
- added: hit feedback for raptor's victims (on screen effects for players)
- added: players get the function to eat at regain heatlh
- added: players get the function to roar
- added: more death animations for the raptor
- added: more claw attack animation variation for the raptor
- added: various variables to help mission makers customize the raptors' behavior (damage, detection distance etc)
- improved: overall effectiveness. they navigate better and thus get to you more quickly
- improved: players claw attack its now easier to hit a target
- You find the raptor now under resistance => Dinosaurs
- AI minor fixes and improvements
- Sunglasses now hidden
- Guy cant shoot anymore when getting mauled
- Texture/UV fixes
- HUD : the 2 different weapon types have now different symbol color
- Raptor is know tagged as "unknown" when spottet by soldier
- this should make the raptors react much faster/instantly when they spot you.
- first release
- BI forums