This adds the British FV4034 Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank.
The British FV4034 Challenger 2 TES MBT. Comes in 5 camo patterns and has a turret interior. There are many unfinished areas but i figure at this point i could do with some feedback and community testing to work out the values in armor etc. The armor has almost not been tested i gave it a quick blast to destruction just to make sure it was working, bear in mind that the real life challenger 2 is very tough. As in reported to be the most heavily armored tank on the planet. In one engagement it was hit by over 60 rpg's and a Milan anti tank weapon, the optics had to be switched out and it was back in service 6 hours later.
The AI gunner problem is still there. AI gunner will not fire the main cannon by himself. you have to press CTRL FIRE to make your AI gunner fire but at present fully AI crewed vehicles will not fire their main gun.. There are some missing scripts for checking ammo count etc but that was down to my forgetfulness rather than them not being ready and i expect to update this later in the week with a finished interior etc.
Anyway, this is my favorite piece of military equipment of all time so I hope I've done it justice. Let me know what you guys think.
To install the Burnes Armories - FV4034 Challenger 2 TES you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
This is a signed addon, serveradmins can download the Burnes Armories - FV4034 Challenger 2 TES bikey from here:
Burnes Armories - FV4034 Challenger 2 TES bikey
Driver monitor night vision currently doesnt work. click colour view to turn on reverse camera.
Driver turn out action isn't ideal by any means. i plan on learning to make rtm's very soon to create custom animations for each position
internal commander and loader hatches do not match external models yet. wip
on the multi-spec versions the ms covering goes over the commanders hatch hole
Coming in a later version:
- Firing from vehicle - still too buggy and poorly defined for public release
- Driver interior lod - still being worked on
- Advanced features (interactive loader/turret control override etc) - still being worked on.
- Changes to optics and vision modes to the correct specification - next version
Credits & Thanks:
With the exception of the Interior LODs all Abrams models are from the Bohemia ARMA 2 samples.
The LCAC model is based heavily on that released by Sgt Flyer for Arma 2
The Warrior model is based heavily on the Bohemia Arma 2 sample models
The Interior Lighting
script is by Lala14.
Alot of the config work was helped by the unbinarized materials released by Reyhard
I would also like to thank Raid for help with the Phys X settings
The AAVs were originally ported by WO Aaron (Sw4l). I just added things like hatch/ramp funtionality etc.
Challenger 2 placeholder textures are by Pathy and the P:UKF team
Serjames and 3CB for extensive bug testing and rpt fix suggestions
Cleggy for providing information and linking fixes for rtm errors
License / Disclaimer:
By using this software addon you are accepting that I am not responsible for any damage or problems encountered through its use.
v10 beta hotfix
- altered some values regarding AI perception of armour
- lowered some non critical armour values (tracks etc)
- changed the setObjectTexture commands to make them global
- further csound adjustments and added crewmen (wip, they have no weapons atm)
- Added new hull and turret textures in higher resolution
- Added smoke screen functionality (need to test locality in MP so reports on this would be very helpful)
- Added callsign selection initial functionality - driver has this
- added flag change functionality again with driver.
- altered sound levels
- Fixed AI gunner problem, AI crews will now fire the main gun (player commanded vehicles still need o give fire order though)
- Fixed FCS bug below 300m
- Made AGM a dependency - decided this was the best way to go as now there is no manual ranging for the main gun.
- Greatly improved the RAM functionality in the fire geometry LOD
- Removed the fuel drums from the TES (next update will include options to add/remove ERA, slat armour etc)
- Changed the illumination method for the PIP monitors so they are still clearly visible when using night vision
- Fixed Sabot round issue.
- Added initial version of driver interior LOD
- added commander and loader turn out animations
- added open hatches options for commander
- retextured the mantlet and front of turret to add more detail, this will be ongoing with other areas too
- added textures to some other untextured areas
- added specular and normal map to fuel drums
- remodelled turret ERA to a lower profile
- added components necessary for RAM mod as far as i understand it.
- changed interior light parameters to allow visible from 3rd person (for crew of vehicle only)
- changed HESH damage levels due to poor performance in testing
- Fixed missing animation sources from last update
- Added custom engine sounds
- Added 2 multi-spectral variants
- Improved main gun ballistics
- Minor texturing improvements
- Fixed bad texture reference error
- Minor physX improvements
- Improved handling and feel of vehicle, reduced the turnforce to be more realistic.
- Fixed a bunch of bad UV mapping and untextured areas
- Desaturated the 'plains' camo to make it look better and be more practical
- Added some clutter items/detailing taken from the A2 Jackal vehicle (this will be made optional in the next release as i know it won't be for everyone)
- bug fixes
- Improved the interiors
- Added WP Ammo type
- Improved handling
- Adjusted armor values
- Improved texturing in many places both interior and exterior
- Added vision mode options for commanders CPS monitor
- Added AI turret tracking using the laser designator
- Added scripts for ammo count
- Added dump AGM range script
- Fixed Icon missing error
- Fixed Reference to bad weapon type in animationsources
- Fixed Recoil animation
- Fixed Eventhandler error
- Fixed further texture errors
- Fixed - missing track texture (bad file path)
- Fixed - missing commander sight texture (bad file path)
- Fixed - cannot load woodland texture (had it mapped to a proxy by mistake)
- Fixed - missing sandbag proxy (Bad file path)
- first public release
- Community Base addons A3
- Authentic Gameplay Modification (AGM)
- BI forums