Requirements: No addons required
Short description: Space engine for arma3.
Date: 2014-12-15 21:28
Space engine for arma3.
This contains an exe file. Armaholic is not responsible in any way if this file causes any kind of problems when you download and/or install this!
Copy content of archives to arma root folder.
Click by ce_run.bat
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
For usage and information instructionss of how to use Cosmos Engine please refer to the included documentation.
Open Campaign: CosmosEngine Demo
Enter the plane and fly to Altis or in space
1) sit on the plane
2) fly to a height 13 km above sea
3) press Shift-U (space engine will active)
4) click ArrowUp and select required speed what you want (for example 5000km/h)
5) turn plane for curse what you want
6) the plane are increasing speed (see current speed from HINT)
7) If Current speed is identical Required speed the engine will stop working (fuel will not lost now)
8) But if you turn plane, the engine will start work again while vector of flying will changed to the new course
9) If you want turning but without changed course of flying you need click "U" (space engine off)
10) If you want brake you need click "U" again (space engine on) and decrese required speed by "Arrow down key"
11) Turning and rotation in Space required fuel (but little)
12) click ";" and " for increase and decrease time scale (1 - 100)
* use arrow up to increase required speed
* use arrow down to decrease required speed
* CE has newton physic (like elite3), but simple version for current version of plane
* any object in space has hard inertion
* If you have fast speed it will require much time to brake
1) plane engine (use it 0 - 20km)
2) space engine (use it from 14km and above)
using arma's plane is temporary variant while space plane will be made
Shift U select engine active ("plane engine Active" or "space engine Active")
* space engine can't work lower 13km
U space engine on/of
wasd turn plane when space engine selected
qe rotate plane when space engine selected
Arrow Up increase required speed
Arrow Dw decrease required speed
; scale time decrease
" scale time increase
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- when walking inside sometimes lost control and unit animation changed to "fly animation". Can help press U or Reload Magazine.
- walls cause little damage.
Space Plane 0.3 - without textures and rvmats, with some geometry bugs, lack of detail and low cockpit details. Cockpit will redesigned, it's temporary solution.
1) Any objects (except player's plane) can't be visible at alt from 7km to 10000km (~diameter of Earth) from closest planet. It hard to fix using only arma script abilities. Needed separate rendering for planets and objects. Planets must be rendered as background.
2) Some limits for 3th person view (may be fixed later)
3) Shadows are not exist in space
This section and features are estimated and not final (can be changing and/or added).
space plane (walking inside supported)
physics (gravitation, seperate engines power)
add space objects (small asteroids)
full rework stars:
improve moon textures and materials and fix textures bugs
change limit of objects drawning - trying to remove or decrease height of the limit
improve system of planets drawning (it allows to increase distance of object drawning up 2 times)
rework system of land zones drawning (it safe memory usage and allow to more simply creating of land zones and fix bug with displacement and shaking)
optimisation of atmosphere and clouds at far distance (much memory safe)
add custom settings menu
add real planets orbits and rotation (but the Moon will has more simple orbit than real)
add temparutere, oxygen, radiation
(optional) improve dynamically textures - it allows increase earth global textures resolution up 4 times
burning in the atmosphere
different power engines in front/back/right/left (for any maneurous include strafes)
destruction of the ship by space junk at high speeds
time slowdown at speeds close to the speed of light (optional)
scale time (fantastic feature)
artificial gravity on space plane/ship/station (fantastic feature)
power space engines (fantastic feature)
about 10 planets of the solar system
real orbits and rotations of the planets
ability to fly into space from current land (for example Stratis) or to landing, in real time without loading
ability to fly from one land (for exmplae Stratis) and landing to another land (for example Altis), with loading screen.
land zones on the Earth (Stratis, Altis, Chernarus and some other)
land zone on the Moon
compatible with Armas clouds
walking inside (when height of the space plane above 50km from the planet)
improved space physics
it's trying to be real
there are some fantastic features for more intresting gameplay
v1.0 probably will has less detailed physics than "Orbital"
Custom script commands, like:
pos1 = getposC("Earth");
Ability to add custom land zones and may be planets (+ instructions).
Ability to add custom addons of space ships, space planes, space stations (+ instructions).
Manual how add CE to custom campaigns.
I don't know how multiplayer work yet and can't say exactly about posibility of it now.
Previously I dont see why it can't be, but may be with some restrictions compared to singplayer. But probalby it will not easy.
Total modification and campaign:
campaign will give only 1 or 3 lives. If you diy the campaign will be restart again. It can makes
gameplay very intresting.
space will be dangerous (for example, at hight speed >100000km/h: any small piece of space junk will be
the armor-piercing projectile, which will make sieve from your ship)
the ship can be repaired directly in flight. This will be a separate mini gameplay. Sometimes you will need to act quickly, for example if damaged storage of oxygen or fuel.
possible fights inside the ship or protection from alien organisms
research, discoveries, trade, resource extraction
you will not be available all at once, the world will be open, but there will be many difficulties to reach the most far interesting places. For example, to get to Mars, it will be necessary to improve the engine and get enough fuel or time and oxygen.
full nonlinearity, including: resource places, AI, quests, starting conditions, events.
Nepal real place (optional) has been started already
Belarus (optional) has been started already
Quote : St. Jimmy
It's a cool singleplayer mode and it's awesome to see land over the view distance when you go enough high. Need to explore some space later."
Make Arma Not War:
If you like our work, please support us in the contest!
Vote for us in MakeArmaNotWar.
Credits & Thanks:
Author: Arkady Autko (pseudonym: John)
Infinite Space Yoga 5.29.13 (ISY05) by Sami Tangents is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.
Planets raw Textures:
Source of Images, maps, data from USGS Astrogeology Science Center and it are in the public domain.
v0.45 (can be unstable, experemental version)
- Added: walking inside vehicle when player in space (experemental version).
- Added: space plane 0.3 (experemental version).
- Added: (and temporary disabled) - walking inside vehicle when you flying on any height and parachut jumping.
- Fixed: some parts of the Earth is not drawed sometimes
- Fixed: out of memory on some PC when height > 30km
- Fixed: CE doesn't work (hint is not displayed) and requires restart mission sometimes
- Added: campaign "Cosmos Engine Demo Space" with ability start mission directly in Space
- first public release
- BI forums