The idea here is to fill a void my unit (1CPB) was missing, that is the ability to perform mass parachute insertions using a static line chute. This feature was done very well in ACE and we hope to bring similar features to A3 in this stand alone addon.
- 5th Point of Flight Procedure crew animation 100% THANK YOU theebu!
- Sounds (deploy, fall, crash, land) 100%
- Jump Out 100% (Inspired by ACE, the goal here is to have the ability to Jump Out (left or right) created for specific aircraft when using the T-10)
- Hanging Ruck 100% (When using "Jump Out" function with a ruck on, your existing backpack and all contents will hang 5m below you)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
- Proper Deploy (unfolding) animation 10%
- Slip Control 80% (with the real T-10 the paratrooper can adjust his fall by slipping the parachute, it is not a lot of control but can be the difference between landing in trees and landing on a soft field)
- Crew Mass dicates fall speed 0% (The more gear you have the faster you fall)
- Cleaner Landing 0% (currently at the Arma2 state, it can be a bit glitchy. We'd like to go as far as having the occupant roll, and possibly dragged a bit in high winds)
- T-10 Harness 0% ( this is outside of my ability, but modeling either a vest of backpack item for the T10)
- Kestrel Meter 50% ( With the affects of wind, a DZ controller should be used for large drops, the Kestrel will give Wind Speed and Direction so the pilot can offset his approach to avoid the jumpers from landing in trees and the like.)
Released in current state. Support will be hit and miss in the future.
Credits & Thanks:
theebu - .RTM animation work
Ross514 - Config work for slip control
OHally - Model Port / Tweaks, Texture / Rvmat work, Sound port
1st Canadian Parachute Battalion - Testers, Feed back, nagging me to do this.......
BIS - Licensed Data Package
- first alpha release
- BI forums