So here it is, the Mi-24 Hind from Arma 2 in all its glory!
As usual it has all the BIS textures (CDF/Taki/Ru) and variants (D/P/V).
I didn't have much time to test this but there shouldn't be any major issue.
It flies, lands, shoots and blows up just fine.
You can consider this an alpha release for now, as there are a few things that deserve some improvements.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
- All weapons for the Mi24P are moved to the gunner because of an issue with missiles locking, pilot can still operate the cannon and rockets by switching to manual fire.
- One of the two navigation balls inside the cockpit is reversed for some reason i couldn't figure out.
Credits & Thanks:
BIS - Models and original textures
Chairborne - Textures, config, port, etc...
License / Disclaimer:
For personal use only. Do not edit without permission. I claim no responsibility for any damages this addon may cause, use at your own risk.
- Faction overhaul
- New Mi24W variant with different configuration
- 8 new textures (DDR x2, Cuba, SLA, Poland, AAF, CSAT x2)
- Navigation ball in cockpit seems to be finally working correctly
- Yak-b tracers live longer
- Glasses don't look weird when damaged anymore
- Passenger Doors interaction modified
- Added Czech Air Force Mi35
- Pilot aligned correctly with aiming reticle
- Added BIS sling load (1500 Kg. max)
- Tweaked rockets/missiles memory points
- Fixed RHS incompatibility issue
- Initial Release
- [url=]Armaholic forums[/url]
- BI forums
The downloadlink has been disabled as per request by the author. Instead you should download the CUP mods as they contain this as well!