CH View Distance Addon
This little addon allows you to flexibly adjust your view distance and terrain quality based on actual ingame situation.
It's neatly packed with features:
- adjust view distance or terrain quality based on current vehicle type;
- synchronize object view distance to your view distance or adjust it automatically based on your current zoom;
- all settings save to profile and load seamlessly on every mission start;
- mission makers have the ability to limit maximum view distance and restrict deactivation of ground vegetation in the scenario.
To install CH View Distance Addon you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
New hotkeys feature requires CBA A3 Addon. Though you can still run this script / addon without it, but hotkeys aren't going to work.
Recommended and/or optional addons and mods to use with CH View Distance Addon:
- Community Base addons A3
- further dialog optimization
- master setting to control all settings at once
- tooltips for everything
There is also a script version of this addon, you can find it here:
- CH View Distance Script
- added: new CBA keybindings for changing terrain quality
- added: one more terrain quality value for finer control
- changed: reduced time hints displaying on the screen when changing view distance with hotkeys
- changed: better looking hints
- fixed: addon and script version conflicting on rare occasion
- fixed: terrain quality listbox not working on rare occasion
- hotfix: broken sliders and some minor fixes
- added: CBA Keybindings compatibility. You can adjust addon/script hotkeys in "controls" menu
- added: ability to increase / decrease view distance by 500m with hotkeys
- added: French translation by norx_aengell
- added: new dynamic synchronization of object view distance, including the method based on current FOV
- added: beta version of the German translation (please leave feedback. I'm neither know German, nor can test it in game)
- changed: UI reworked to fit new dynamic options
- fixed: error showing up after 1.44 update
- added: Russian localization
- changed: UI to fit any localized text in the future
- fixed: object view distance not updating after checking "sync" checkbox
- fixed: boats not using proper view distance (now they use "in car" view distance)
- fixed: addon overwriting script version functions
- added: support of UAV and UGV units (as suggested by EasyEB)
- fixed: obscured text with different interface sizes (thanks Law-Giver for suggestion)
- fixed: missing font error
- fixed: pbo file signature
- fixed: spelling mistake
- changed: default input focus is now set to slider instead of textbox to prevent accidental typing
- first release
- BI forums