This is a WIP version of a small launcher pack that should contain a few ungided anti-tank weapons. They will benefit from an authentic zeroing that allows them to be used at longer ranges. The main goal is to bring the M3 MAAWS and the SMAW into Arma 3, with completely new models and textures. But other AT-weapons may follow as well.
In case you don't know which launcher you should take:
Pro's of the SMAW:
+more damage against armor / higher Penetration (600mm vs 550mm)
+more precise zeroing (increments of 50m vs 100m)
+spotting rifle for increased hit-chance
Pro's of M3 MAAWS:
+higher rocket velocity
+higher zeroing range (900m vs 500m)
->Zeroing from 100 to 900m with animation
->removable 3D-scope without outside view
->HEAT, HEDP, HE, SMOKE, ILLUMINATION ammunition
->Airburst-Setup for HE, Range setting for ILLUMINATION
M136 AT4 CS
->Zeroing from 50 to 400m with animation
->HEAT, HEDP, HP ammunition
->disposable (launcher is not reloadable)
->launcher needs to be prepared (press 'reload'-button)
->reduced backblast when using AGM (since this is the confined space-version)
To install the TF47 Launchers you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use these TF47 Launchers please refer to the included documentation.
- Script-Error when M3 is fired. I had to include this script-error to make the zeroing AGM-compatible, but I am looking for a better solution.
- You may have to reload to get/ the airburst/flare-config entry in the action-menu.
SMAW, M72, Javelin, Stinger, ...
This mod is of course WIP, so you can help us with your feedback or ideas.
Thank you, if you decide to do so!
-temporary zeroing fix by switching to 2D scopes
Here is a small update which should fix the currentMuzzle error. All the scripts were remade aswell and should make it easier to implement new launchers in the future. The SMAW spotting rifle is now less dangerous when used with ACE3. Thanks to Joko's effort the backblast configuration in ACE3 is more flexible and allows for a backblast-free spotting rifle.
I also decreased the texture sizes of the SMAW and the AT4 from 4K to 2K (which is the standard for Arma 3 weapons). They should look better now on lower video settings and the filesize is decreased as well.
I hosted the Support Stratis Mission for testing. With 1.3.6 & AGM, the mission didn't load and was stuck in the loading screen, as you told me. With the new 1.3.7 it was loading correctly. Same with TPW. Although I don't know this mod, I didn't notice any difference with 1.3.6. With 1.3.7 it suddenly showed a hint after the mission loaded with the working modules, and some additional HUD-info.
So it looks like it is working now, but I cannot promise it.
- AT4 should always work now
- airburst of HE and flare is fixed
- new recoil (there was none after the last Arma 3 patch)
- backblast configured for ACE 3
- adjusted shouldered AT4 position
- This is the first attemp to fix the game crash issue.
- The AT4 'reload' should also work now, but you have to make sure that every player uses the latest version.
- fixed the required-addon thing. I have never really done it before, so thanks alot for your help Tikka!
- added optional RHS compatibility patch, which changes the damage of the launchers to the penetration-based RHS system.
- The rpt-spam should be gone as well now.
- Another case where preparing the AT4 did not work should be removed as well.
- The AT4-scripts should be 100% reliable now, as long as you have at least a bagback or a vest or a uniform.
- Changed text and icon of the 'silencer'-item, to avoid confusion.
- For the M3 firing-bug: I had the issue that firing in upwards works fine, but firing downwards inverts the angle, so that the rocket flies upwards. This is fixed now. But I am not sure if that was the same problem Sundowner and Flipper had.
[ADDED] AT4 in HEAT, HEDP and HP variants
[IMPROVED] distance-LODs of M3 MAAWS
[FIXED] full-compatible with AGM again, script error when firing is now removed
[ADDED] FFV469 SMOKE round
[ADDED] FFV545 ILLUMINATION round
[ADDED] Airburst for HE + distance selection for Illumination
[ADDED] Zeroing-animation of ironsight and optical sight
[IMPROVED] Indirect damage values (real HE-round has 50m kill-radius, ingame it is still less)
[IMPROVED] 3D-scope should look a bit better now and is nightvision-compatible
[IMPROVED] Zeroing-script is now part of the config -> should work 100% without delay
- Added Shadow-, Distance- and Fire-Geo-LOD (completely forgot them in the first release)
- Fixed script error when other players fire the M3 in Multiplayer
- Increased effectivenes of HEDP against armor
- New backblast-effect
- M3 is less shiny/ decreased specular power
- Hopefully removed some RPT-errors
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3