VCOM AI Driving Mod
I made some driving improvements in my VCOM AI mod - however I thought (and others) that it would be nice to just have the AI driving enhancements without any other strings attached.
This mod simply executes an FSM on all AI and checks if they are drivers or not. If they are actively driving a vehicle they will check for objects/buildings that may get in their way while driving.
I could type a lot more. But I thought I'd let the video speak for the mod instead.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
- Fixed the error message people are getting on their screens when running this mod with CBA.
- Improved AI handling of bridges
- Improved AI handling of gates - It is still default AI behavior to attempt to go around gates, but it should be easier now.
- Optimized scripts
- Fixed Aircraft from executing the barrier checks
- Made the barrier check calculation more precise - they should crash even less now.
- Removed undefined variable errors (fingers crossed)
- Optimized barrier check: 0.00698853 seconds to run down to 0.0019989 seconds. (Thanks Wolfenswan)
- first release
- BI forums