MGS and MGSV themed assets (MGS Remake Mod).
All assets are made from scratch, only visual reference is used to create the content. No 3d shapes, forms or textures are used from any copyrighted material.
Prisoner uniforms (orange, blue, olive).
Solid snake sneaking suit (PS1 era).
Naked and venom snake faces, venom demon face.
Diamond dogs beret.
Poncho (as backpack and vest).
Sneaking suit (SV).
Carrier belt (SV).
To install the MGSR Mod you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the MGSR Mod please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Rvmats sometimes are not loaded correctly for the skin on the prisoner model.
The model is still WIP, textures are gonna be changed for higher quality when we fix some things on the model.
I'm no professional mod maker or somethings but I have some plans for this.
1. Add all of the custom content made by me and my friends for that video.
2. Add some functionality (For example - If someone force headbag on you - it blocks your vision and you can't see anything, or partially something, can be fun to use in multiplayer with agm handcuffs or something like that).
3. Animate that horse (If someone wants to help - PM me, I will share this model with you and you can take credit for making it work and use it how you want, just share it with me so I can include it in this mod, please. I have fbx files with singletrack and multitrack animations, textures, shader maps and some other stuff.)
4. As the mod progresses I will add mlods so people can learn how to add something to the arma.
All my sources and releases are now available on the github.
Credits & Thanks:
Made by Podkolpakom.net
Rebel - configs, scripting.
Facel - 3d models, textures.
Shlomo - textures, icons.
Tons of new content.
Fatigues: 19 textures and 2 models
Scarves: 4 textures and 1 model
Vests: 4 textures and 2 models
Fixed first person issues with face models.
Carrier belt (SV) by Facel.
There was some small issue discovered that interferes with some of ace interactions inside of the vehicle.
That was part of my mod's problem and part of ace's problem.
Sneaking suit (SV).
Venom snake denom face.
Two new custom faces and custom heads of naked snake and venom snake.
Small changes to the eyepatch.
Kept you waiting, huh?
New solid snake sneaking suit (PS1 era), as part of the dejavu mgsv episode, unit is configured as civilian for now.
Fixes for robes sometimes loosing their normal maps (bug with hiddenSelectionMaterials config).
Fixes for wounds materials for robes (same caused by hiddenSelectionMaterials).
Poncho was added to the vest slot.
WARNING. Solid snake model and face are made from scratch by Facel, it is NOT a PS1 rip.
New robe uniforms (blue and olive). Which are african and soviet for the MGSV.
More optimized LODs and shadow LODs for poncho.
ACE3 optional pbo is now integrated in the mod.
Some small fixes here and there.
New poncho (Model, textures and materials by Facel), located in the backpack section of the arsenal.
Editor previews for units.
Some config and rvmat fixes.
New robe uniform.
New textures for the uniform.
Randomized numbers on the uniforms.
Three properly configured prisoner civilians.
Tons of fixes for materials for robe, headbag and eyepatch.
Config clean-ups etc.
- A few changes to the headbag model and a few clean ups in the configs and code.
Mod is signed.
New: Prisoner robe.
Changed: Textures for the headbag.
And I removed the old eyepatch.
Some config fixes.
Small config changes for faces.
All models are now binarized to avoid errors in the RPT.
Added shadow lod for headbag.
Some fixes to the faces configs.
Some inventory icons were 1024*1024. Which is overkill, made them a bit smaller.
Action Put Headbag On moved to the head interaction point.
Hints now use ACE3 hints system.
Added icon for Put Headbag On action.
- a few config fixes here and there.
- added an optional pbo for ace3. Eyepatch and headbag will cover your screen now. Works only for goggles eyepatch and goggles headbag (added in this update). You can force a headbag on the handcuffed/surrendering unit. Headgear headbag will be automatically converted to goggles headbag when added to another unit.
New texture and new rvmat for eyepatch. White threads on the eyepatch now have some dimension to them.
Some small config fixes for faces.
And the mod is now signed for multiplayer use.
- mgsr_beret - Diamond Dogs Beret.
- mgsr_civ_01_uniform - Yellow Polo/Shorts.
- mgsr_civ_02_uniform - Yellow Polo/Shorts with Blood.
- mgsr_civ_03_uniform - Yellow Polo/Shorts with Bloody Stomach.
- mgsr_snakeface - Snake Face.
- mgsr_skullface - Skullface Face.
- mgsr_snakeface_camo - Snake Face Camo.
- New textures and normal maps for headbag.
- first release
- BI forums