Requirements: No addons required
Short description: An addon which allows you to create maps in single- and multiplayer.
Date: 2015-01-14 08:37
After some crazy brainstorming late last week we ended up with a weekend project we feel like sharing with all you guys!
In this release (0.1)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Use our sample island editing mission for Altis or Stratis. Of course the real thing is to add objects to your custom map! Here are the simple steps to follow
Place one or more playable units in the game with a name per unit
Place the same number of Zeus Game Master modules with each playable unit name as owner. Choose to include unofficial addons if you don’t place any extra SFP Map Editor modules. In the future we’ll autoload the module to ease this step for you.
(Optional) Place the SFP Map Editor - Restore module to automatically be where you left of at your last save.
Please post any feedback or issues in this thread and we’ll fix them as soon as possible!
This tool will save us lots of time working on our custom islands for the Swedish Forces Pack. Having a couple of us create a town together in multiplayer in an evening instead of a poor fella spending weeks in Terrain Builder and Buldozer is a blessing.
Sample Altis mission, http://hosted.anrop.se/sfp/sfp_map_editor.Altis.zip
Sample Stratis mission, http://hosted.anrop.se/sfp/sfp_map_editor.Stratis.zip
- Anything more boring than creating fences and walls? Use our clone tool to create kilometers of fences without breaking a sweat. This was our first and most important internal request after trying out our prototype. It’s almost ready but has some bugs in multiplayer and the dialog needs a makeover. Will be available soon!
- Tired of creating your templates for Terrain Builder? So were we! When exporting objects all template files are generated for the required p3d with correct template names.
- Autosave to avoid losing data if your game crashes.
- We have some ideas for creating forest areas easier. Any input for potential users on what is most important would probably help our internal needs as well!
- Too many objects to choose from? Use our object restrictions module to choose which objects that can be placed. Maybe you want A2 palms and your custom set of houses so that your friends don’t create a Greece holiday resort on your middle eastern island.
- Zeus not providing enough fine grained placement for you? We’ll let you adjust the position and vector values manually to remove that awful gap.
- Not satisfied with your current object placement in Terrain Builder? Just export your objects and import them into our editor so you can freely move them around as you feel like. When you’re done just export your new city planning and import it directly into Terrain Builder.
- Easting is currently hardcoded as 200 000 and northing as 0. In the future this will be selectable when exporting.
Batteries included! Everything you need to add objects to your islands is available in the download. You’ll find the dll used to export, persist and restore data and our Zeus Module addon. We recommend that you use any of the editor enable addons to get access to all objects.
Currently we assume that your templates include the models you’re placing as the p3d filename in lowercase without the p3d extension. We hope to simplify this requirement in the future, see above!
Credits & Thanks:
ZiP, the creator.
granQ, the spokesperson taking all the credits.
Ares for a great source of material regarding Zeus modules. This prototype in just a few days time wouldn’t be possible without the open community.
BIS for their great Zeus functionality and for our favourite game series since the OFP1 demo.
Our Anrop community member xealot for writing our extension on such short notice.
- first public release
- BI forums