The Steyr AUG is the posterchild for modern small-arms design in almost every facet, and was decades ahead of it’s time. Not content with providing a marely adequate superior to the Austrian Army’s then-current license-built FAL clone, Horst Wesp, Karl Moser and Karl Wagner set about creating something truly unique. They did so by upheaving conventional wisdoms, taking advantage of space age polymers, new production methods, designed modularity, revolutionary bullpup configuration, unique Spz-kr trigger, and perhaps most functionally interesting, making a magnified optics a mandtory component of the weapon.
The end product looks every bit as space age now nearly 40 years later as it did then- sweeping ergonomic lines are a core part of it’s visual execution. As mentioned, the AUG was designed as a full weapons platform out of the box- every Rifle could be converted in seconds from it’s standard form to more specific roles, like the 9mm “Para” SMG, or the Heavy Barrel support variant.
This pack of AUGs contains the 3 major iterations of the AUG design (the A1, A2 and A3), as well as the civilian Semi-Auto-only Special Reciever. With the exception of the A3, each of these comes in 3 barrel lengths firing 5.56x45mm NATO , and the A1 and A2 are also available in 9x19mm. all of these AUGs are available in three colours. Due to the Quad-rail Foregrip, the A3 is only available in it’s rifle length. However, it also has a GL-equipped model.
Oh yes, and you can swap between different lengths of barrel from the action menu (or if you use AGM- self-interact). So,yes. Yes you can carry the standard rifle and a conversion kit,then with mere seconds delay go straight into running your AUG as an SMG. (Special credit to Kerc Kasha, who made this possible)
3 primary iterations of the AUG receiver
3 barrel lengths of each reciever, plus caliber-converted SMG
3 Colour stock bodies for each permutation.
Interchangeable caliber and barrels on A1 and A2 rifles respectively.
To install the NIArms AUG Rifles you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use these HLC AUGs please refer to the included documentation.
Credits & Thanks:
M203 Quadrant Sight,M4-2000 - Bohema Interactive
Barrel Swap Script - Kerc Kasha
AWC Agenda Six - Toadie
Magpul MVG - RedRogueXIII
Troy BUIS- TenoYL
Docter Red Dot - kaskad, obsolete
Steyr AUGA1 - Sarv,r0tzbua
Steyr AUG SR/A2 Reciever - Sproily
HBAR,AUG 9mm Barrels, Bipods, Magzines - Toadie
AUGA3 - WangChung,Philibuster
M203A1 - Tigg
The HLC/SHARBSE crew for being awesome, tolerant of oddities and allround rad blokes
FPARMA - pret..ty unique, you guys.
Kerc Kasha, for answering all my awkward hour config and scripting questions and basicly firing me up to work on Arma stuff.
Kiory , for working out the 3DS-Oxygen Pipeline. We may have FBX now, but I find .3ds somehow more comforting still.
Foxhound for Armaholic
"Early-adopter" testing thankyous to - SV98, Cuel, Mallow
- Implemented XML Stringtables
- Japanese Language String Translation (Credit: ClassicArma)
- French Language String Translation (Credit: StalkerSoC)
- Implemented MagzineWells, Compatible with JAM
- Replaced M203 and Quadrant sight on AUG A3 with M203-2003 and NICO ladder sight.
- Implemented RHS Grip support to AUG
- Implemented Magazine Proxies- works on all AUGs.
- New Muzzle Flash for AUG A3
- Replaced Docter RDS sight on all A2/SR model AUGs
- New sound effects (Credit: Navarro)
- Fixed Magazine Icons
- Corrected scope error regarding hlc_muzzle_snds_AUG
- Soundshader Volume Relevelling
- New sound Samples by Navarro
- Weapons use new Muzzleflashes.
- All magazines displaynames reformatted
- Weapon inventory icons now use New system
- all mass values recalculated to unified standard.
- new AUGA3 reload animation
- Soundshader/Soundset changes:
+ Occlusion and Obstruction issues fixed (Gunshots no longer occluded by an A4 sheet held to face)
+ Midrange Gunshots tweaked
+ Tail volumes improved
+ Minor sound volume tweaks across the board
- General AI Behaviour improvements.
- Clean up and improve AI usage for AUG pack (Credit: Robalo)
- Updated to use macros
- Adjustments to Dexterity
- Added GL reload animations to hlc_rifle_auga3_GL (and variants)
- Corrected GL sight animation hlc_rifle_auga3_GL and adjusted eye memory points (solved #13)
- Whitespacing formatting conformed (Credit: YoursTruly)
- JR attachment slots cleanup(Credit: Robalo)
- Fixed: ItemInfo and WeaponsSlotsInfo errors (credit YoursTruly)
- Added missing gear icons for AUGs
- Added IRdim Tracer Mags
- Mass figures for HBAR mags adjusted
- Resolved #31 - AUGA3 GL now has reload sound
- Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
- Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
- Arsenal Icons implemented
- Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
- Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
- General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.
- magazineReloadSwitchPhase added to AUG base class
- made Supplybox "Zeus Discoverable"
- Added Zeus spawnable individual weapons.
- adjustment to the gunshot tails volume, should be less overt.
- ShadowLOD mesh optimisations (all)
- Added Parrallax lense blurs to AUGA1 sights.
- moved deploypivot for all weapons without bipods to under the magazine (because muh gameplays)
OPTIONAL CONTENT NOW INCLUDED-
- RHS Compatibility
- ACE3 Compatibility (HuntIR rounds specifically)
- CUP Compatibility
(RHS and CUP Compat may or may not work together,depending on your mod setup. Source provided if you wish to build your own)
- repacking issues fixed
* AUGA3+GL no longer can mount Bipods.
* Added ACE3 Ballistic Data(Credit- Ruthberg)
* Added Unique Meshes to magazines
- All weapons made compatible with V1.42 engine update (deploy pivot points added, make limited use of new "tails" sound system where possible)
- Bipod functionality enabled - All HBAR Variants
- Attachable Bipod support added - AUGA3s
- Red Dot on AUGA2 and SR variants re-zeroed,reduced FOV magnification
- The Reticle_a1.p3d not found error was stalling out servers, so I patched that over the weekend.
- The transparent mag should not longer have that weird z-buffer blue-out thing going on.
- first release
- NIArms Core
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums