Requirements: AAF Desert
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: Basically it adds the option to use my units as BLUFOR or OPFOR.
Date: 2015-01-26 22:18
AAF Desert Extra is a mod for ArmA 3.
This mod contains extra files and requires the AAF Desert addon to function.
AAF Desert Extra pack enables AAF Desert unit to be playable as OpFor and BluFor sides.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
All modified units are listed under BluFor > AAF Desert, WEST or OpFor > AAF Desert, EAST.
Credits & Thanks:
Bohemia Interactive - Base models and textures.
I WUB PUGS reported Independent side missing strider and CH-49 Mohawk listed in civilian side on the BIS forums.
License / Disclaimer:
The AAF Desert Extra addon...
- is free and created for non-commercial use.
- can be distributed to other download sources without developers permission, albeit the content remains unedited by the user. Credit and URL to original content /must/ be clearly displayed.
- can be used as a /base/, reference, or learning experience for your own mod development. You must contact the developer first using a method listed below.
- Folder order changed to match Play withSIX structure @AAF_Desert, @AAF_Desert_Replacement and @AAF_Desert_Extra
- Updated base classes 02, 03, 04.
- Special Forces class.
- Static weapons.
- Standard marksman unit.
- Zeus support.
- Squad XML support.
- Weapons to vehicles.
- Side Empty no longer restricts units to only AAF Desert variants.
- OpFor no longer show as two AAF factions.
- Dropped weapons ignore modified hiddentextureselection - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153
- Gorgon and Mora with incomplete hiddenselection - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17529.
- Hellcat unarmed and armed.
- MBT Kuma
- FV-720 Mora
- Gunner (Mk6)
- Gunner (Mk30)
- Gunner (GMG)
- Asst. Gunner (Mk30/GMG)
- Asst. Gunner (Mk6)
- BLUFOR and OPFOR AAF Desert updated with current changes.
- BLUFOR and OPFOR vehicle crews are side specific.
- UAV now works on all sides BLUFOR, OPFOR and INDEP.
- Replacement headgear added for Marksman, Light Rifleman, Officer, Explosives Expert to match standard AAF.
- Officer uniform returned back to the AAF version.
- Officer uniform showing as OPFOR (Must have been some class replacement by BIS).
- Unmanned Ground Vehicle RCWS turret not showing as AAF Desert camo.
- Mk20 MRCO showing up as invisible for replacement pack. Removed the class and seem to fix, might only be temporary will keep an eye on it.
- Groups to the AAF Desert units.
- Added scenario mission "Showcase: AAF Desert". I use this to check for bugs but it can also be used to take a better look at all the units available.
- Strider missing from Independent Car class.
- CH-49 Mohawk listed in civilian side instead of Independent.
- Titan launchers changed to desert.
- first release
- BI Forums
- AAF Desert
Tags: No tags