This is our AH-64D originally made for ArmA2, ported to ArmA3 with various bug fixes. This is considered a WIP addon.
What it has:
Same features as ArmA2 version (AH-64D Apache Longbow
), minus the campaigns and missions. There is only one demo mission included as a familiarization mission.
Fully dynamic arming - select individual rocket zones and rails!
Interactive cockpit - look at a part in the cockpit and interact with it!
Damage system - Systems fail, weapons are destroyed, and displays malfunction!
Pilot can control the gun and PNVS turret - compatible with TrackIR and freelook!
AH-64D Block II variant represented, with and without Longbow radar
5 mission training campaign
10 mission full campaign
4 single missions
5 multiplayer missions
... and more!
To install the AH-64D Apache Longbow you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the AH-64D Apache Longbow please refer to the included documentation.
For the full online manual, go to:
- Player will report 'out of fuel' radio message with CEM on. Reason: to keep
player from being able to take off without going through startup procedure,
fuel is set to 0 until startup procedure has been followed. Cannot disable the
default radio 'out of fuel' message.
- Betty audio messages will play when dead or out of aircraft.
- Audio issues with engine loop sound.
- Sometimes engine startup procedure is skipped.
- Contact of certain objects will result in aircraft explosion.
- Aircraft weapon weight remains constant.
- Gun/pylons do not work in multiclient aircraft in multiplayer.
I'm releasing the source files, to which I am adding the following stipulations:
- You can change/edit/use the files to your heart's content; however, if we make an update, it's your responsibility to put the changes into the new version, not ours.
- We will NOT bend over backwards to accommodate every mod, change, or addition done to the addon! If JimBob's Most Wonderful Changes to the Nodunit/Franze AH-64D (adds item #DF65-34X, dildo in the cockpit seat) doesn't work with the changes that we make, JimBob will have to make the changes on his own. A reasonable effort will be made to incorporate changes that make sense, but the source will remain the baseline version.
- We still maintain control over the fza_ prefix - that means if you add a weapon not in the package, you need to use your own prefix and not ours.
I want to state for the record that this is no longer my model but a community model.
That means anyone can download it and permission is hereby granted to all that wish to add it their mod or alter it, and if you should so wish you may even port it to other games.
Download the AH-64D Apache Longbow Source files:
Credits & Thanks:
Nodunit (models, textures)
Bardosy - Kestrel flight
Fangs McCoy - Bitchin' Betty
Franze - Dusk Knight 3-2, Grey Wolf, ground forces
froggyluv - Instructor
nettrucker - Co-Pilot Gunner
--- Additional Credits---
General Barron (getpitch, getbank, setpitch, setbank functions)
Noubernou (clickable cockpits concept, per frame eventhandler)
Robert Hammer (Door open/close sounds, Main Rotor Sounds)
Hellcat (testing, campaign guide)
islefan (testing, advisor)
Jason (testing, advisor)
Jeehun Hwang (Heavy Gear, Mechwarrior 2 soundtracks) http://jeehun.com/
Barry Leitch (TFX, Drakan soundtracks) http://www.barryleitch.com/
Origin Skunkworks (Longbow 2 soundtracks)
Bioware (Shattered Steel soundtracks)
Max Power - Testing, model and texture advice
BG ECP - pilot advisor
License / Disclaimer:
If something goes wrong while using this addon, you cannot hold the authors responsible.
Use this package and the included contents at your own risk.
The contents of this package (textures, models, scripting) were created by Franze and Nodunit; if you wish to use any of it, please credit them with the creation of the original work!
You are not allowed to use this addon for commercial purposes in any way.
This includes incentive content as donations for servers, monetized servers, or related commercial purposes.
Creation of content with assets provided by this addon (scripts, skins, etc.) does not imply ownership of the addon or contents within. Ownership of this addon is the sole property of Franze and Nodunit and associated subsidaries.
- Modified per frame handler to function with ArmA3 64 bit executable.
- New HMD horizon object.
- Fixed errors in scripting relayed to AFM.
- Fixed arming menu error.
- Added PNVS HDU function.
- Added keys for head tracking toggle and waypoint cycle: User 19 for head tracking
toggle and User 18 for waypoint cycle.
- Improved automatic gun tracking and aiming.
- Modified model and texture.
- Added skin selection to arming menu.
- Fixed some glitches with ASE, TSD, and FCR displays.
- Modified data transfer mechanics.
- Fixed bug with PNVS and FLIR lenses on the model.
- Fixed multiplayer bugs with scripting not initializing.
- Added CPG control options when AI is piloting.
- Modified model UV coordinates.
- Fixed bug with multiplayer missile avoidance.
- Modified gun tracking in HMD and AUTO modes to remove bank error.
- Modified IHADSS scripting to work faster on per frame handler.
- Modified weapon damage so that if using a linked weapon and one pylon is damaged, only ordnance is lost on that pylon.
- New laser designation system for CPG.
- New experimental mouse input for click actions: when the Head Tracking On action is used, the mouse will move the 'X' click action point.
- Gun burst no longer forced time restriction. Gun now has overheat tracking and overuse can result in gun jamming.
- Gunner heads down symbology in place.
- Added DTV monochrome effect.
- Modified gun control: gun control exclusively the realm of the CPG in multiplayer.
- Fixed issue with MPD buttons not working with CEM off.
- Modified shadow LOD. (further messing with exterior, interior still very WIP)
- Modified pilot LOD. (you won't see a change)
- Modified missile guidance.
- Modified missions to account for new damage scripting.
- Modified campaign missions "Pin Drop" and "Hallowed Ground" to include radio commands for ordering Dusk Knight to stop, continue, or fly to an area. Dusk Knight will also wait until the player takes off to continue his way route.
- Modified pilot and gunner LODs to show weapons and rotor components. (blur and pylon weaponry)
- Fixed crew placement in crew fire LOD placement that resulted in their being unhittable except in certain places. Still requires a weapon capable of penetrating armor to prevent 'makarov' crew kills.
- Fixed vulnerability in underside of cockpit area.
- Opening doors will now allow crew to be shot.
- Pilot needs a gunner to use SAL
- Changed weapon and ammo class inheritance.
- Modified missile guidance scripting.
- Fixed cockpit glass invulnerability.
- Fixed CPG-Pilot multiplayer issue with gun/pylons.
- Fixed shadow issues.
- Fixed skin selection areas.
- Fixed TADS stow for CPG.
- Engine startup now has sounds and UFD/WCA page feedback for state of components.
- APU and engines will burn fuel in complex startups.
- IHADSS must be turned on (IHADSS toggle action) after battery turned on.
- Added IHADSS toggle capability to click action on IHADSS storage box.
- UFD, MPDs, and IHADSS in off state until battery, APU, or engines are on.
- Added rotor RPM audio message when exceeding 110% and an altitude above 5m while ENG page active.
- Modified UFD messages to be uniform in color and size; removed some messages.
- Replaced main rotor sounds with Robert Hammer samples.
- Improved shadow LOD.
- M230 burst behavior changed - waiting 1 second or more in the middle of a burst resets burst limit.
- Fixed FCR page components errors with TSD.
- Fixed gunner unable to turn on FCR in single player.
- Fixed Pilot-CPG damage effects - now passed between crew members.
- Fixed click helper not appearing after resuming from a saved game.
- Fixed CPG TSD map not hiding.
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums