Date: 2017-10-12 13:33
Since the release of the NATO close air support plane, we were missing the power of the real A-10, the role model of the A-164. With bringing the A-164 into the game, Bohemia introduced a gun which was neither able to destroy a simple APC nor really effective against infantry. So we, passionate pilots, decided to see what we can do, and this mod is the result.
What does it do?
The core focus of the mod is to increase the damage to achieve a more realistic result. We also completely overhauled all sounds and particle effects, just take a look in our announcement trailer.
The mod has no dependencies with other mods.
The mod is compatible with multiple other A-10 mods. Among them are:
To get our support for modded vehicles working you need to copy the desired files from '/additional addon support' to '/addons'.
ArmA will only load files from the '/addons' folder. If you add our support files but don't have the mod you will get error messages.
Check if you got the newest version (refer to versions.txt)
* A vehicle, other than supported, has no ammunition (empty magazine)?
** The vehicle probably adds our weapon (or the default A-164 weapon) but not the magazine. In either case contact us here, at the Bistudio Forum or at GitHub so we can add support for this mod.
* A vehicle, that is supported from us, does not work with our mod?
** Check if you 'installed' our support correctly (refer to section 'Supported Vehicles'). Still not working? Contact us here, at the Bistudio Forum or at GitHub so we can fix the issue also for others.
The source of this mod is available at GitHub, it is published under the GNU General Public License v3.0.
To install Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
fixes support for the RHS module
Version 5.1 fixes a critical issue introduced with a recent engine update that caused an extreme slowdown while shooting.
Replaced the burst modes by a full-auto mode (with high RPM setting)
Overhauled all sounds
Improved the behavior of the AI when using the gun
Added the optional module less FX - more performance
Added support for the A-10s of Firewill
Fixed support for EricJ
Renamed all tags and classnames, magazine is MG8_1174Rnd_Gau8_30mm and ammo is MG8_Gau8_30mm now
- upgraded to ArmA version 1.70 which adds compatibility for the Jets DLC
- fixed some bugs related to the ZEUS module and the fire support module
- fixed a bug in the muzzle effect script that prevented AI from firing
- fixed a bug introduced with the Jets DLC that made locking targets other than laser targets impossible
- added support for CUP's A-10C Thunderbolt II
- added support for CUP's A-10C Thunderbolt II (AT)
Hotfix: Fixed signature keys not working (no version number change)
- refixed signature keys not working
Fixed signature keys not working
upgraded to the new sound system introduced with EDEN, this also fixes all previous sound issues
added support for ACE's A-10C
added support for RHS's A-10A (AT)
integrated the mod into ACE's HUD-Ballistics system
updated support for RHS's A-10A
fixed 'bin... not an array' and 'author is not a value'
- fixed a bug introduced with the EDEN Update causing the ammo not getting loaded
- added lockability of laser targets
- updated support for RHS's A-10A
- added support for Fullerpj's A-10C Thunderbolt II
- added support for EricJ's skins (RC9) for the A-164 Wipeout
- added support for STI A-10A
- added support for the A-10C Thunderbolt II from Peral
- added readme.txt (features, instructions, FAQ, ...)
- added support for RHS A-10A
- fixed bullet drop which was to high
- added support for the close air support module
- fixed a bug causing ressources to be not found
- initial release
- BI forums