Date: 2016-06-07 13:33
When distances are too long for voice communication* and as a quick alternative to radio communication* at short range, we are proud to release the Tactical Hand Signals. The THS provides, in a MilSim vision, some simples an clear hand signals you can use in any situation. All these animations were made by ourselves to be as clear and natural as possible.
* when using TFAR or ACRE2
- Tap shoulder action to informe your mates without a word
- 8 original animations based on real hand signals, designed to accomodate gameplay as well as aesthetics
- Customisable key bindings to fit your keyboard configuration
To install the Tactical Hand Signals you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
When THS is enabled, the keys that have been assigned using the CBA system will trigger hand signal animations. You can disable THS by pressing the "enable/disable THS" key.
By default, THS actions are bound to the 1-9 keys, so enabling THS will override the AI command controls. Just disable THS if you need to command AI.
Default controls :
- P : enable/disable THS
- 1 : tap shoulder
- 2 : stop
- 3 : get cover
- 4 : forward
- 5 : rally up
- 6 : engage
- 7 : point
- 8 : hold
- 9 : warning
All key bindings can be customized from the CBA key binding menu, which you can find in configure > controls > configure addon.
If you use ALT for Freelook, you will have to bind each key twice in the binding menu. This is because of how the CBA key bindings system handles ALT, CTRL and SHIFT.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Emperias is already working on two more animations
- fixed : what a "soulder" is ?
- enhanced : code optimization
- enhanced : binarization
- fixed : shoulder tap sound didn't worked anymore since 1.60
- fixed : minor script error
- fixed : script error when trying to reload without weapon
- enhanced : some script rework to prevent errors in vehicles
- added : 2 new animations, "hold" and "warning"
- fixed : support for new CBA key binding system
- added : 2 new animations, "point" and "engage"
- fixed : it was possible to thow dozens of shoulder taps by holding key pressed
- fixed : no shoulder tap reception display when THS was disabled
- fixed : error when reloading launchers
- removed : logo when starting mission, it has been considered too instusive so we removed it
- refactored : THS recieves new shaped logo, main logo has been refactored using ths animation
- fixed : shoulder tap sound no works -__-'
- added bisign and bikey files
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3
Tags: No tags