HAFM NH90 Helicopter
This is my latest addon, the NH90 helicopter and it can be used as part of my HAFM mod as also as an individual (separate) addon (there are no other mod dependencies - not even of my mod).
This addon includes two variations of the NH90 Helicopter, one for transport only (can transport 14 soldiers plus 2 as crew) and another one armed, for transportation and support (two side doors miniguns and can transport 8 soldiers plus 4 as crew).
Also it is playable at NATO and AAF factions as well as in my Hellas faction (in both BLUFOR and IND sides). Each side has its own textures and the model has the hidden textures selection option for anyone want to add new textures (camo1, camo2, camo3, camo4).
It is Slingload ready with max 12000kg payload (I know is too much and has to be corrected at next update) and uses the default advance flight model values.
You will find it as modfolder ready, properly signed (also a server key is included) and with an extra .txt file with all classnames. Also note that the config is included in a seperate pbo, just to make easier any future changes.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
For usage instructions and information of how to use this HAFM NH90 Helicopter please refer to the included documentation.
When you want to create your own retextures you can download this file:
License / Disclaimer:
I'm giving the permission to anyone wants to retexture it or even include it in other mods, so no need to ask me for that.
Appropriate credits would be much appreciated if so.
- Fixed the above ground floating issue using the AFM.
- Fixed some rotorlib issues.
- Fixed artificial horizon issue.
- Fixed damage resistance issue.
- Added AGM FastRope compatibility.
- Added a new NH90 Marine version of the chopper.
- Added a side crane on transport and the new marine variant for more realism especially using the AGM FastRope.
- Added squad logo for MP use.
- Added new custom sounds (by audiocustoms - all credits goes to this guy).
- Doors can now open/close by anyone (player) even outside of the chopper.
- Pilot/CoPilot can Lock/Unlock cargo door operation.
- Collision lights tweaked.
- AGM FastRope points are now different for each variant.
- Some config tweaking relative to chopper flight behavior.
- Fixed the bug with cargo door which was not visible from cargo/gunners view in the armed NH90
- Tweaking on helicopter flight characteristics and especially on the Y axis movement
- The sling load max cargo load is enough to carry vehicles with weight as Ifrit or Hunter
Note that this version completely replaces all previous files of the addon.
- first release
- BI forums
- BI forums