Iraqi-Syrian Conflict aims to represent factions fighting currently and within recent history in the Iraqi-Syrian warzone. This mod in no way supports ISIL, ISIS, IS, Nazis, zombies, or people that lack beans in their chili. Guaranteed to be at least 0.87% accurate. Not tested for use underwater.
Also optional support for CUP vehicles with the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict-CUP Vehicles addon
Greetings Arma fans. I submit to you this humble contribution to the mod-a-verse. This addon is meant to represent factions either currently or within recent history that are fighting in the Iraqi-Syrian warzone. Included in the current release:
- Islamic State (Opfor and Independent)
- al-Nusra Front (Independent)
- Syrian Arab Army (Opfor)
- Peshmerga (Blufor)
- Iraqi Army (Blufor)
- Iraqi Police (Blufor)
- YPG (Blufor)
- Massive amount of custom uniform textures, over 300 in the initial release alone. Mostly mismatched camo.
- Randomized weapons and gear
- Classnames list included in the readme
- ALIVE compatible
- Custom language for IS and al-Nusra
ISC_IA_B -- Iraqi Army (Blufor)
ISC_IP_B -- Iraqi Police (Blufor)
ISC_PESH_B -- Peshmerga (Blufor)
ISC_YPG_B -- YPG (Blufor)
ISC_SAA_O -- Syrian Arab Army (Opfor)
ISC_IS_O -- Islamic State (Opfor)
ISC_IS_I -- Islamic State (Independent)
ISC_alNusra_I -- al-Nusra Front (Independent)
To install the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict addon please refer to the included documentation.
Recommended and/or optional addons and mods to use with Iraqi-Syrian Conflict:
- NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Vehicles
- Community Upgrade Project - Vehicles Pack
- Tactical Beard
(will provide more variety)
Simply grab the applicable .pbo for the vehicle set you with to use from the optional directory, and move it to the addons directory.
- Strange black bar on the rear of some of the BMPs.
- Texture on the Peshmerga MRAP is a bit wonky. Not happy with it. Will attempt to correct if I can decipher RHS' config.
- Probably broke something else, let me know!
Future plans are to take another look at the infantry units. The mismatched camo deserves a revision. Also the groundwork for RHS shall be started.
Credits & Thanks:
AccuracyThruVolume: Config work and general keyboard headbutting. Also uniform textures.
ghostjaeger07: Texture wizardy
Yugoslav: For supplying his ported A2 chestrig and stone like patience.
Craig: Permission to include his Opfor rig and pasgt helmet from his SP Pack.
Massi: Permission to not only use his vehicles but to edit the textures for use in this mod. Also general awesomesauce.
Drongo69 and Chops for releasing their MEC mod source for me to poke around in. Very helpful for config noobs.
Thanks a lot to BI for creating such a great mod-friendly sandbox.
Thanks to all on the forums for giving me the motivation to get this thing made.
License / Disclaimer:
This mod in no way supports ISIL, ISIS, IS or any terrorists out there in the real world. I made this mod so I can virtually shoot them. In the face. A LOT.
Not responsible for being late for work, missing class, or your friends calling out search parties to find you.
No rebates, refunds or guarantees implied or even inferred. Use at your own risk. Not tested for use underwater.
Added new vanilla technicals to some of the factions
- Fixed: Attached flags not deleting if mothership vehicle deleted instead of destroyed
Added static gunner infantry for use with VCOM AI
- Fixed: Itemscope error fix provided by [TFA] Baago, thanks for the solution!
- Changed: Aircraft now have proper national markings
- Changed: EC-635 split off into it's own optional addon mod
- Fixed: Typo on peshmerga static gunners
- Fixed: Turn off Randomization option on YPG infantry was missing
- Fixed: Wrong gunners on the Iraqi Army DsHKMs
Fix to get insignias working
Removed redundant al-Nusra uniforms
Fix for custom uniforms not working in Virtual Arsenal
Minor fix for the SAA Tigr. AI was not engaging properly.
- Changed: RHS GREF and SSAF dependency added
- Added: RHS vehicles
- Removed: Many legacy now obsolete A2 ported gear
- Added: Option to disable gear randomization
- Changed: Additional vehicles are now optional
- Added: Support for usage of CUP vehicles
- Added: Flags on certain CUP vehicles
- Added: New vehicle textures
- Added: SP Craig's SSh68 Helmets to SAA
- Added: Aplion's excellent EC635 included, all credits to him for a nice chopper!
- Changed: Reverted Peshmerga MRAP texture to default. Unhappy how it looked.
- Fixed: Errors created by Apex release and CUP updates
- Fixed: Error in random gear script
- Added: YPG
- Added: Iraqi Police
- Added: Custom Language to IS and al-Nusra units
- Changed: Redid random weapons. Infantry units should no longer need to reload after a random weapon is assigned
- Fixed: Texture mismatch on SAA BMP-2
- Fixed: Texture mismatch on al-Nusra BMP-1
- Added: Peshmerga vehicles
- Added: Iraqi Army
- Added: Balacavas to IS units
- Fixed: Bad vehicle type with the sappers
- Misc: Addon items listed in the Readme
- Fixed: Error in VA with the PASGT helmet
- Fixed: Peshmerga MRAP groups were on the wrong side
- Added: Replaced many CUP weapons with RHS ones
- Added: M113 to IS factions
- Added: IS Tan uniform
- Fixed an error in virtual arsenal with the alNusra combat uniform
- Fixed an issue with custom vehicle textures in multiplayer
- Added empty vehicles for al-Nusra, SAA, and Peshmerga
- Added MRAPs to Peshmerga
- Added Depencency: RHS
- Fixed: Issue where sometimes infantry units would spawn with no weapon.
- Fixed: AT infantry units would have the wrong rocket ammo
- Fixed: ISIS and al-Nusra should (hopefully) spawn minus eyewear now
- Fixed: Array of random IS uniform textures was incorrect length (thanks Divaya for the report)
- Added: SAA Armor and Aircraft
- Added: Peshmerga Infantry to Blufor
- al-Nusra vehicles now have proper faction textures
- Added Syrian Arab Army infantry units
- Zeus Compatibility (crosses fingers)
- first release
- BI forums