Introducing "Dash" - The most advanced SQF editor for ArmA that has ever built.
Dash is being actively developed by myself (I'm nevada_scout). It's written in C# and the source code is openly available on GitHub, along with the issue tracker (please, feel free to lend a hand! )
The full website for the project is here: http://dash.nevadascout.com which includes a download for the installer for the latest version (v1.2 at the time of writing).
I'm interested to see what you guys think of this, let me know!
- Full SQF Syntax Highlighting
- "ArmaSense" code-completion engine
- Code folding
- Lookup script commands
Exe files can harm your PC! Before running this you should make sure you understand the risks!
Armaholic is in no way responsible if this file causes any damages what so ever! Downloading and installing this program is at your own risk.
We have run anti-virus tools on the included exe and found no issues, this is however not a guarantee so precaution should be taken while installing this!
Simply run the installer from the provided download link.
Note:Chrome may warn you that "this file is not downloaded often" and you'll have to click the up arrow and choose "keep" from the list, otherwise it will be deleted!
- Opening large files in lots of tabs may cause performance issues
- ArmaSense can be broken in some cases when opening files.
TO FIX THIS: Open another file, then press Ctrl + Shift + R, then go back to the original file
- Dash does not currently indicate if a file is "dirty" (has been changed), but it will always prompt you to save it if it is different from it's original content.
- The "Save As" feature creates an empty tab on save
- Opening Dash with some saved tabs sometimes gives a popup with "Collection was modified. Enumerator may not enumerate"
- Syntax highlighting doesn't work unless a file has been saved with a .sqf file extension
- Full list of existing bugs can be found here: https://github.com/nevadascout/dash-core/labels/bug
- Built-in SQF Compiler with Microsoft Word-style wavy red underlines for code that does not compile
- RPT file analyser with direct links to the code that caused the error
- Work directly inside PBO files without needing to pack/unpack them
- Project management
- Enhanced code-completion that suggests variables in-scope within the entire project (instead of just the current file)
Main Bug Fixes
59 - Build proper installer for Dash
34 - Overhaul file saving for better stability
9 - Use a single method to open a file (better stability)
I've also partially fixed the sporadic breaking of ArmaSense code-completion (still partially broken, but not as bad as it was)
Full list of fixed bugs: https://github.com/nevadascout/dash-core/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.2+is%3Aclosed
- BI forums