Arma 3 Marksmen
Celebrated with a brand new launch trailer, Bohemia Interactive today released the much-anticipated Marksmen DLC for Arma 3. The new DLC adds seven new weapons, two scopes, remote laser-designators, ghillie suits, firing drills, and the Marksmen showcase scenario. The Marksmen DLC is accompanied by a major free supporting Arma 3 platform update, which implements game-changing features such as weapon resting and deployment, sound enhancements, a new multiplayer mode, and more.
Hone your shooting skills and engage in ranged combat with the seven new weapons in the Arma 3 Marksmen DLC.
Scopes - The AMS and Kahlia medium range scopes complement both the new and existing weapons.
- Seven New Weapons - Five marksmen rifles and two medium machine guns offer new opportunities for squad-based gameplay. The new weapons are:
- Cyrus 9.3 mm – a high power marksman rifle
- MAR-10 .338 – a high power marksman rifle
- Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm – a medium power marksman rifle
- Mk14 7.62 mm – a medium power marksman rifle
- ASP-1 Kir – a special purpose rifle
- SPMG .338 – a lightweight medium machine gun
- Navid 9.3 mm – a medium machine gun
Remote Designators - Two remotely-operated laser-designators can be used to spot and laser designate targets from afar.
Ghillie Suits - New ghillie suits for the NATO, CSAT, and AAF factions provide camouflage for various terrain types.
Firing Drills - Combine movement and medium range shooting in three new Purple Courses of Fire.
Showcase Marksmen - Use your new abilities and long range sharpshooting skills in a tense reconnaissance mission.
The Arma 3 Marksmen DLC is supported by a major Arma 3 platform update, featuring a wide variety of new content and features. The platform update is free for all owners of Arma 3.
- End Game Multiplayer Mode - A team-based multiplayer mode, containing experimental gameplay features such as Dynamic Groups, Shared Objectives, and Revive.
- Showcase Firing From Vehicles - Experience the Firing From Vehicles feature in an actual combat scenario for both singleplayer and co-operative multiplayer.
- VR Training - Three new courses to train up your weapon handling skill-set.
- Virtual Garage - Examine and customize the extensive collection of vehicles in Arma 3.
- Vests & Face Paints - Three new heavy and grenadier vests designed specifically for improved explosive shielding and ballistic protection. Nine new types of face paint are added to provide maximum concealment for soldiers.
- Editor Objects - New shooting range objects for Arma 3 content creators, including VR (vehicle) targets, balloons, swivel and dueling targets, shooting mats, a shot timer, a bullet trap, and an air horn
- Weapon Resting & Deployment - Benefit from a passive bonus to your accuracy while your weapon or arms are near any stable surface. Deploy your weapon firmly using bipods for the greatest precision possible.
- Improved Recoil & AI Suppression Simulation - Fire personal weapons with a greater feeling of power and authenticity. Observe Artificial Intelligence units suffer impaired combat efficiency when under fire.
- Sound Enhancements - Be immersed by a richer combat sound scape in different surroundings, at a distance, and under incoming fire.
At this point, the DLC can be purchased via the BI Store
, through Steam
, or directly from in game
. Depending upon if you've purchased it or not, you'll encounter differences right from the main menu. To explain further, let's take a look at two cases:
- You launch the game and see an icon at the bottom the main menu, indicating that the Helicopters DLC is installed and owned.
- Clicking on the icon will open the Field Manual to the Helicopters DLC records.
- The helicopter is available as you would expect in the editor, along with the official scenarios, and multiplayer - have fun!
Afterwards, you join a multiplayer server that uses the MP scenario (or any custom mission including the helicopter):
- You launch the game and see an icon in the top left of the main menu, indicating that the Helicopters DLC is available.
- You could purchase the DLC right there and then, but choose to continue to play on as normal.
- The helicopter is available to try out in the editor, but the SP scenario is locked.- The longer you actively use it, the more prominent the premium content notifications become.
- You can use the helicopter with some restrictions (e.g. you can only board the helicopter as a passenger).
- You can join as normal.
Again, you experience the progressive DLC notifications and restrictions.
Since you've really enjoyed the helicopter so far(!), you decide to buy it in-game directly.
- The limitations and notifications are immediately removed.
- We display a confirmation note - thank you!