Requirements: No addons required
Short description: The script/addon creates dynamic weather for Arma 3.
Date: 2016-04-29 23:07
I rewrote my old script/mod (Dynamic weather addon) because basically wind/rain/fog/overcast were not independent.
In this rewrite, they are own threads. I'm not progressing too well due to no time and I feel somewhat uncomfortable at some points... about how I wrote it... time will tell. Its WIP and quite early, but works. I'm currently not thinking about MP, this may change. It's done with using from missions/scripting (call via execvm) in mind, but not yet documented and tested.
To install the Dynamic weather 2 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
No use of A3\userconfig\ any more. But you are not allowed to rename the mods folder.
CONFIGURE (MOD VERSION)
There are 2 self explanatory config files:
CONTROL WHILE INGAME (MOD VERSION)
Press 0, then 8: from that menu, you may want to set weather as desired.
VARIABLES CONTROL WHILE INGAME (MOD AND SCRIPT VERSION)
Changing exposed global variables will affect behaviour.
Instant actions may happen after a few seconds delay.
tort_overcast_min, tort_overcast_max // minmax overcast
tort_overcast_now // apply instantly
tort_fog_min, tort_fog_max // minmax fog
tort_fog_now // apply instantly
tort_wind_speed_min, tort_wind_speed_max // minmax wind speed
tort_wind_speed_now // apply instantly
tort_wind_dir_min, tort_wind_dir_max // wind direction between min and max
tort_wind_dir_now // apply instantly
tort_rain_min, tort_rain_max // minmax overcast
tort_rain_now // apply instantly
tort_process_overcast // set to false and module will stop
tort_process_fog // set to false and module will stop
tort_process_wind // set to false and module will stop
tort_process_rain // set to false and module will stop
SCRIPT CALLS ARE DOCUMENTED IN SCRIPT FILES
-> see \@tort_DynamicWeather2\script\modules\
Credits & Thanks:
The script is derived from a script of forum user Meatball.
The mods default behaviour: it usually applies island specific weather (with a default fallback when map is unknown).
--> [Change] This can be overridden now by a mission specific weather definition, by putting code into a units init line in the editor.
- Changes to wind code, transitions are smoother now
- Wind module, balanced numbers
- Info screen not limited to map view any more
- Some tuning, less randomness, rain/wind affect fog decay more than before.
- Changing minimum/maximum rain via UI does not insta jump into the new range any more (only "set rain/fog/etc now" is allowed to insta change).
- Wind blows fog away:
- The stronger the wind, the more likely fog will decrease and also will decay (consistency to become more loose)
- Guaranteed behaviour if wind >20m/s
- As for MP I remind you of https://forums.bistu...her2/?p=2976612
- Code reorg. ArmA startup parameter -filePatching is not necessary any more
- Worked on fog. To better support the sharp edged fog, the script scans area around player (radius 1000m) in order to determine optimal fog height. Fog height rather conservative, i.e. sharp fog is usually below your feet.
- Added menu entries for fog characteristics (sharp vs. loose)
- Some islands have been added IIRC... small tweaks to presets, e.g. "Postapocalytic II" has some (ground)fog.
- Island specific pseudo random wind directions
- Existing templates (except "Shuffle") do not change wind direction
- Rebalanced fog (decay/base now smooth transition), changes fog command line interface
- Some changes @ presets
- Infoscreen only in map view
- quite a few calculation changes
- Reworked fog, some changes to turbulence factor. Again usage of advanced features (decay/base level), they are being used by default, currently in a more random manner. Results are sometimes not as easy to understand as with normal fog, its not as simple. If sharp fog is produced, it may end some meters below your feet, you have clear vision and depending on the terrain, you may not even see fog below you, in case of elevated plains or if you have no FOV to valleys. Those features are only used if player (altitude) dependent fog is used.
- Started making it possible to run "script only" (i.e. no mod loading necessary), not finished.
- Some tuning to existing island definitions. E.g., gave Chernarus_Winter some nicely bad and foggy weather. Love that map. As I have no snow, I turned rain off for this map.
- Some changes to fog
- Island presets improved
- a completely rewritten version of my older Dynamic weather addon
- BI forums
Tags: No tags