Weapon Eventhandler Framework
This mod is designed to act as a framework for other mod makers to extend the base games weapon event handlers to allow for easy to configure sound effects and animations upon firing a weapon. For the most part it's designed around the idea of bolt action rifles, pump-action shotguns and any other manual bolt operation weapon.
Another benefit to the mod is it allows for manual bolting of weapons, which is currently set for when you're looking down a scope allowing you to see where your shot lands before bolting.
On it's own the framework does nothing but with a configured mod (such as Toadie's upcoming AWM/AWC modpack), these features come to life.
To install the Weapon Eventhandler Framework you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
The mods eventhandlers are configured within your weapons class name using the sub class 'bg_weaponparameters' like so:
HandAction = ""; //The name of the action that will play upon firing the weapon
Actiondelay = 0.2; //The delay before the action and sound plays
Sound = ""; //The CFGSound name that you want to play upon the activation of the action
Sound_Location = "RightHandMiddle1"; //Selection name on the UNIT not the weapon, by default this is the right hand which suits fine for a bolt-action
hasOptic = false; //For weapons with built in optics, overrides the attachment check
Sound = ""; //The CFGSound name that you want to play upon the weapon firing it's last round.
Sound_Location = "RightHandMiddle1"; //Selection name on the UNIT not the weapon
onFired_Action is for manual bolt operations while onEmpty will play the specified sound when the weapon has run out of ammunition.
Example Config for the base game LRR:
class LRR_base_F: Rifle_Long_Base_F
HandAction = "GestureFireLRR";
Actiondelay = 0;
Sound = "";
Sound_Location = "RightHandMiddle1";
hasOptic = false;
- Bolting noise may not play when an existing client bolts their weapon if you have recently jipped.
- Not a real issue and actually intended, when you are scoped you must exit scoped in view and allow for the weapon to bolt before being able to reload, this is to avoid a vanilla bug where reloading while the gesture is playing causes magazines to get deleted and can sometimes stop you from ever being able to reload.
- Unit addons that override CBA's XEH handlers will cause the mod to stop working, if you're having issues with particular (non-vanilla) units it's an issue with that addon!
Credits & Thanks:
CBA for the extended eventhandlers
- Resolved config warning messages (Thanks to hogthar for the solution for this)
- Resolved scope private error message
Hi guys, sorry its taken so long to update this I've been in the process of rewriting the mod for better performance and haven't finished it yet, in the meantime this is a release to fix the config issue that was appearing since Apex release. I apologize for not releasing this sooner as I was looking in the wrong place for a solution when it was right under my nose the entire time.
- First Public Release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3