Automated doors A3by
For each player on the map, this script creates and removes triggers on nearby buildings which open the door if a player intends to walk through it and closes it again, when he walks away.
At some point, I got annoyed of having to walk really close to a door and sometimes even having to scroll, if my default action is something different, to get the right action to finally open it. Maybe there's some people out there feeling similarly.
- all doors open and close automatically
- usable in Singleplayer (client side) or in Multiplayer (server side only)
- support for dynamic locations where this script should only work
- new in v2.3: support for side specific locations, where this script only works for players of the respective side
- actions for the following features:
-> enable/disable automatically closing doors
-> enable/disable "Automated Doors" completely
-> irreversibly* remove all actions related to "Automated Doors" (including this one)
- globally force doors to stay open, no matter what the player's actions say
- can be terminated and restarted without trigger- or action-leftovers
- moderate server load due to need-based dynamic object management
- available as script and as addon
Installation / Usage:
 execVM "automatedDoors.sqf"
Using the script: Execute the above line once upon mission start - that's it.
Using the addon: Start ArmA 3 with startup parameter -mod=@automatedDoors - that's it.
Execute this script server side once upon mission start. Client side execution is prevented by "isServer" check.
After joining a mission running this script, it might take a few seconds until it actually works for you as new player, because the sever runs the "scan loop" regularly, not taking into account JIP or just spawned players.
"Automated Doors" has two optional parameters:
objects -> (optional, default: ["all"]) defines the buildings to be taken into account by this script
- e.g. ["altis", "chernarus"] means, all buildings from Altis and Chernarus will be taken into account on every map
doorsStayOpen -> (optional, default: false) global definition of door closing behavior
- if true, doors will have to be closed manually, player action "Don't keep doors open" has no effect
- if false, doors will close automatically, player action "Keep doors open" has an effect
You can easily customize important values, like the size of the area of the door triggers, the time between each scan for surrounding buildings or the area to scan on each loop. Do that by changing the defines at the beginning of the file (after the comment block).
If you want this script to only work in certain areas, create locations of type "Name" and set their name with the prefix "doors". This script will check on each scan loop if such locations exist. If so, it will only manage these areas. If all "doors" locations are deleted, this script will handle the whole map again.
Side specific locations:
If you create a location as described above and setVariable ["locationSide", any side here] to it, the doors inside that location automatically open and close only for players of that side.
- compatibility with ArmA 2 and Tanao objects for community created maps
- fixed error
- automatedDoors.sqf: changed plain numbers in radius array to defines
- outsourced building arrays to separate files and #include them
- added doorsTakistan.sqf (door positions on Takistan)
- added doorsUtes.sqf (door positions on Utes)
- added doorsZargabad.sqf (door positions on Zargabad)
- fnc_getModelPos optimized, because nearestObject might not always take the building the player is in
- slightly optimized handling of first script parameter ("_objects")
- added DOOR_RADIUS_LARGE to all remaining gates on Altis and Stratis
- renamed #define DOOR_RADIUS to DOOR_RADIUS_SMALL
- added #define DOOR_RADIUS_LARGE (6 meters)
- using DOOR_RADIUS_LARGE on very wide fences/doors including "Land_BarGate_F"
- door radius can be individually set for each building class (default is DOOR_RADIUS_SMALL)
- BI forums
Tags: No tags