Ukrainain Naval Infantry Special Forces units with their actual armament, vehicles and uniforms/gear (Ukrainian "Field Toad" and "Steppe Toad" camouflage that is actually used by the Naval Infantry Specops in the ATO zone). Only real armament no "Ukrainian troops with AK-74m, T-80", no "camo folk clothes" and other stereotypical and unrealistic stuff.
Every unit's loadout is randomized (within the limits of its class of course: headgear, facewear, vests) on the spawn, so if you put several units of the same class it doesn't look like "army of clones" with similar equipment. The same about uniform patches, they aren't "hard textured" into the uniform textures (as in certain other modes) but made properly as shoulder pathces.
Similarly BTR-70, BTR-80, vehicles camo paint is also randomized: chosen among numerous camo paint types based on actual camo used by UAF and Ukrainian Naval Infantry in the ATO, camo can be picked from 2 categories "Field" and "Navy" or both.
And, naturally, the mod also contains numerous decals ( Military markings, unit insiginias, patriotic, morale stickers, popular among the ATO soldiers ), which are also randomized, so you don't get 5 totally similar vehicles in a row, nothin's hard textured.
- Ukrainain Naval Infantry specops faction with:
- Ukrainian Naval Infantry Specops infantry units in "Field Toad" and "Steppe Toad" camo uniforms and gear;
- Ukrainian Naval Infantry Specops vehicles: BTR-70, BTR-80, Ural trucks, GAZ trucks, UAZ, mobile ZU-23-2 autocannons, static ZU-23-2 autcannon, "Utyos" heavy MGs, AGS, DSHKM, 2b14;
- Various unit loadouts: units of the same class won't get totally similar gear and look like some clones;
- Various BTR-70 and BTR-80 camouflages (Naval Infantry, general field camo);
- Various vehicle decals: Naval infantry insignias, specops unit insignias, motivational/patriotic stickers, so on;
- Only realistic armament, uniforms and gear based on ones that are actually used in ATO zone;
- Ability to raise/remove the antenna flags on the BTRs;
To install optional content (Mobile ZU-23-2, static ZU-23-2, 2b14, DSHKM, AGS, which required RDS Static Weapons addon) simply put the "UA_NI_vehicles" .pbo file (stored in "If YOU DO have RDS_Static_Weapons addon" folder) into your addons folder.
In case YOU DO NOT hae the CBA, you can also past the "P1G_TAC_WinterUniforms" .pbo from the "In case you don't have CBA" folder into the addons folder, but it's recommended to use the mod with CBA as it allows you to use the script that puts on and off the hood for the mountain uniforms, though it's not mandatory in any way.
If you have the VTN mod addon and would like to use weapons from this addon you can copy the "UA_Naval_Infantry_units" .pbo file from the "VTN_weapons_units" folder and past it with the replacement into the "addons" folder, this will change the units loadouts giving them VTN weapons.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
My first addon.
Hopefully I'll make some other stuff I have in mind to develop it
Credits & Thanks:
Red Hammer Studios
- Added "Varan" camo uniforms and gear;
- Fixed BTR-70 "Navy" and "Field" camo display names;
- Added "Steppe Toad" cartrdige carrier as vest item.
- Added AKM cartridge carriers to the AKMS riflemen;
- Added ability to raise/remove the antenna flags on the BTR-70, BTR-80;
- Added optional alternative VTN weapons loadouts for the units;
- Added BTR-70, BTR-80 vehicles with mounted static weapons (NSV,AGS,SPG9).
- first release
- Armaholic forums
- RHS: Armed Forces Of The Russian Federation
- RHS: United States Armed Forces
- HLC AK Pack
- ASDG Joint Rails
- RDS Static Weapons Pack
- Community Base addons A3
- VeteranMod demo