Date: 2015-08-06 10:13
A new project in the works. There's a playable and mostly bug free version out already.
ArmA 3 Hunting Mod brings a rich bushcraft and hunting environment to ArmA 3. This content package made by various authors ensures you'll have hours of role play like fun traveling, hunting, putting together equipment, doing quests, making camps and much, much more.
- RPG and role play like singleplayer gameplay style, progress can be saved to continue at a later point.
- Mod put together from stuff found on Armaholic
- Hunger, thirst, sleepiness, and means to fight them.
- Engage in bushcrafting and hunting using an extensive arsenal of (old, new and modded) tools, weapons and items.
- Fully functional and customizable bows and arrows.
- Extra animals to hunt.
- Earn money through various means, and spend this improving your hunting equipment.
- Slow paced but challenging gameplay, and enjoyable experience for all.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the ArmA 3 Hunting Mod please refer to the included documentation.
Item Descriptions and usage:
* Handycam (double click to place it the direction you are facing with your char - then activate/deactivate the feed by hitting custom key 3 (you have to assign this in config controls) - disconnect and abandon camera by hitting custom key 4 (also has to be assigned)
* Smartphone (needed to receive cam broadcast)
* MobilePhone (no function yet)
* Canteen (double click to drink or refill with water at water sources and sea water)
* PlasticBottle (same as above)
* Waterpurificationtablets (double click to purify dirty water in canteen or plasticbottle)
* Franta Soda (doubleclick to drink = results in empty can)
* Spirit Soda (same as above)
* RedGull energydrink(same as above -> reduces thirst and fatigue)
* empty Can (double click while close to fire in order to boil dirty or salt water in plasticbottle or canteen)
* Wrench (needed to be able to put tire on vehicle)
* Tire (can be used to repair vehicle: double click)
* Laptop (no function yet)
* Knife (double click to gut goats, sheep, dogs -> raw meat)
* Box of Rice, Tactical Bacon, Meat, Cereal (double click to eat -> reduce damage (slightly) -> reduce hunger)
* Axe (double click to chop down tree -> makes pile of wood)
* Pile of Wood (no function yet)
* Saw (no function yet)
* Matches (double click to create fireplace with wood)
* Wooden Pallet (no function yet)
* Hammer (no function yet)
* FuelCan (refuel vehicle or refill from vehicle or fuelstation)
* Bloodbag (double click to build first aid kit - needed: 1 Bloodbag, 2 Bandages)
* Bandage (double click to build first aid kit - needed: 1 Bloodbag, 2 Bandages)
* DuctTape (no function yet)
* Antibiotics (heal sickness from dirty water or raw meat)
* Meat (you can eat this) / Rawmeat can be cooked whenever pointing at a source of fire which is closer than 2m
You find three new modules within the MISC module folder in the game editor
a. "rickb_a3items" (only needed once on the map / position doesnÂ´t matter )
=> activates survival simulation (hunger & thirst) + simple jump script activation
b. "rickb_lootspawn" (place one for every loot area / position marks center of loot area)
=> activates lootspawn (4 categories civ/mil/industrial/civ guns) in the area (distance, kind of loot, chance of loot can be customized by clicking the module)
=> play around with the loot probability -> default is 7% which means: there is a 7% chance on each house position within the area you defined for that module
=> loot despawns when no player is around
=> not every kind of loot will spawn in every building
c. "rickb_customloot" (only needed once on the map / position doesnÂ´t matter)
=> lets you define custom loot tables for each loot category => put your own items classnames in between the brackets like this: ["rb_handycam","rb_smartphone"]
-> smartphone and handycam will be the only loot spawned in this category
- Does not work in multiplayer (yet).
- Ambient rabbits can not be gutted, mod spawned rabbits can (to not waste ammo, only shoot rabbits in hunting areas).
- Snare traps
- More different animal types
- More missions
- A fully functional chicken pen
- Improved animal AI
Credits & Thanks:
First and foremost the credits go to the original creators of the materials used.
This mod package features:
* ArmA3 Hunting Simulator Scenario (mod version) by L.Trale & Stoasha Madjic
* Arma3 Inventory Items by RickB
* A3 Animal Pack Mod by MrHuachuca
* Flay Archery Fetish Mod by MrFlay
* Nambu Type 10 Flare Gun Mod by hotshotmike1001
* Trixie's Rifle Pack by Trixie
Credits go to myself for mashing it all together in a cool way, fixing the broken stuff, making apropriate changes to th ematerial and continueing the development on this project.
*Fixed the Missions platform
*Fixed Mission 1
*Implemented ability to keep track of large animal kills for mission purposes
*Cleaned up the briefing info a bit
*Boar butchery and sheep sheering now only works from close range to the carcass
*Sleeping now slowly heals injuries
*Added mod logo and graphics
*Heavily expanded briefing
*Animal population now varies based on location on island.
*Added wild boar (mod content)
*Mission now uses 'Inventory Item Mod' meat instead of an invisible variable
*Added several storage boxes at original base camp
*Removed some clutter objects from map for better FPS
*Changed pay rates of the butcher
*New behind-the-scenes mechanic for selling to butcher
*Raised starting money from 100 to 250
*Changed model of fireplace
*Stripped player's spawn inventory
*Added starting items to box in player's spawn house
*Added archery target to player's spawn house
*Overall item price tweaking
*Squashed a bunch of bugs
*Added archery weapons and ammo (mod content)
*Incorporated 'Inventory Item Mod' by RickB (mod content)
*Incorporated 'Animal Pack Mod' by MrHuachuca
*Incorporated 'Flay Archery Fetish Mod' by MrFlay
*Incorporated several weapon mods
*Hunger and thirst are implemented
*Hunger and thirst tweaked to be a little slower
*Stripped some obsolete functions
*Knife now required to skin a boar
*Added Archery range
*Added Hardware shop
*Added Grocery shop
*Added Archery shop
*Expanded Attachment shop to two vendors
*Expanded clothing shop to two vendors
*Added M14 to rifle shop
*Added Benelli to rifle shop (mod content)
*Replaced M320 with Lee Enfield in rifle shop (mod content)
*Replaced G6 with CZ550 in rifle shop (mod content)
*Tweaked weapon and ammo prices in rifle shop
*Added Zubr and 4-five to pistol shop
*Tweaked weapon and ammo prices in pistol shop
*Added multitude of ArmA 3 attachments to attachment shop
*Added multitude of food and drink items to grocery shop (mod content)
*Added Matchbox to grocery shop (mod content)
*Added water purifying tablets to drugstore (mod content)
*Added antibiotics to drugstore (mod content)
*Added repairkit to Hardware shop
*Added Axe to Hardware shop
*Added Knife to Hardware shop
*Added Flaregun to Hardware shop
*Added Flaregun flare to Hardware shop
*Added Fuelcan (empty and full) to Hardware shop
*Added compound and recurve bow to Archery shop (mod content)
*Added normal, precision and broadhead arrow to Archery shop (mod content)
*Added green camo booniehat to clothing shop
*Added outdoorsman clothes to clothing shop
*Added more clothing shop
*Added Canteen to item shop
*Added some vehicles to the vehicle shop
* 'Inventory Item Mod' by RickB
- Lowered fire building coordinate
- Added support for Boar butchery
- Altered the way campfires are detected ***
- Armaholic forums