Seelenlos Marker Service (SLMD)
Fry & Chucky
In reality you will be easily able to recognize someone just by the way he walks, even on long distances. In ArmA, this is not the case. In order to help you finding and identifying your buddys, we decided to make this mod which will draw icons over units belonging to your side in 3D space. The icon will represent the class of the soldier or vehicle he is sitting inside. To avoid making this mod a cheat tool and enhance immersion the icons will shrink as the distance between you and your buddy increases. Be careful, difficult conditions like fog, rain, dark nights or combinations of such will make it difficult to spot the icons even on short distances. Use optical tools like Scopes, Binoculars, Night-vision glasses and such to improve your vision. If you are close enough to you teammate, the mod will display his name as well. The code is as performance friendly as possible. If there are large numbers of units around, you may see a lag in the change of the icon size when raising your scope or something like that. But you will NOT experience fps drops, as the game engine is somewhat prioritized over the mod.
- marker icons in 3D space
- displays names of human players if close to them
- uses ArmA standard colors representing side
- displays infantry and vehicles with Crew > 0
- icons represent soldier class / vehicle type
- compatible with recent and future mods/addons/dlc's
- recognizes side change on the fly
- fog, rain, day/night, NV, distance and zoom influences visibility of icons
- no icons when using thermal sights
- performance friendly
- server side only mod
To install Seelenlos Marker Service (SLMD) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
The mod needs to be installed only on server side, Clients will receive it on connect over network. Don't worry, the transmitted data is small. Server side mods don't need to be signed, therefore the mod contains no key.
- (really small) lag in change of symbol size if more than 100 Units nearby
- displayed icon represents soldier class according to selected slot in the lobby;
Changing gear of course does not affect your class, so play as what you chose, damned!
Credits & Thanks:
Fry & Chucky from seelenlos-Team
License / Disclaimer:
- ADDED: markers are now hidden behind terrain and objects
- first release