Headless client: Arma game copy that just plays AI units. HCs can process AIs on separate machines, so servers can handle 100s more AIs with human players.
Sync units to be controlled by the server to the Ignore Module. Sync the setup module to HCs you want to use (or sync none for all HCs to be used).
This is the module version of my Werthles' Headless Kit
-Easy way to create headless client missions
-HC Setup and Ignore modules
-Editor/script/Zeus AIs auto-transferred to HC control
-AI waypoints/scripts/trigger syncs preserved
-Splits AIs evenly among multiple HCs
-3D Debug Mode
To install the Werthles' Headless Module you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Headless clients and players will need to run this mod as well as the server in order to play WHM missions. Script version included in mod files, under "Mission Scripts", or see: Werthles' Headless Kit
Compatible with ALiVE, ACE, DAC, UPSMON, any unit/skin mod, etc! When combining with mods that require setup time, simply increase the WHM startup delay, so WHM setup starts afterwards.
Headless Client Tips:
-Headless Clients must be set as playable and have a unique name.
-HCs cannot connect to client internet multiplayer servers, only local servers or dedicated servers.
-HCs can only connect to servers which are passworded.
-WHM will "change the locality"[killzonekid.com] of the AI being transferred to HCs. This can interfere with some scripts. If it does, you can use the "Ignore" module to stop WHM from giving the HC control of individual groups.
For ALiVE Support Modules:
-Give the group a distinct callsign, then add this to the list of units to ignore within the WHM Setup Module.
For details on how I set up headless clients, see part 3 here: Werthles Headless Kit Guide
How To Use:
1) Download the mod and launch Arma 3 with the mod.
2) Edit your mission, adding a WH Setup Module, found under "Headless Modules".
3) Configure the parameters as appropriate for your mission. Add an "Ignore" module if required.
4) Add playable, uniquely named, headless clients.
5) Save your mission as a multiplayer mission.
6) Set up your server and headless clients
7) Play your mission!
License / Disclaimer:
If you want to release this as part of your mod (not a mission scenario), speak to me (Werthles) first!
Bug fixes as identified by Roi007leaf.
New Features/Improvements for v2.0
- Option to offload AI to server,
- Option to not load any debug functionality for a small performance improvement,
- Option to use WHM for debugging only,
- Memory leak fixes,
- Empty group cleanup now on HCs as well as server,
- Various algorithm efficiencies,
-Synchronization from triggers to waypoints fixed.
-Multiple synchronizations from triggers to waypoints now supported.
- works again with latest Arma 3 version
- first release
- BI forums