released released an updated version of Lingor + Dingor Island
for Arma 3 on the BI forums
This lush green environment in a fictional country somewhere near the Equator. Inspiration were countries such as Venezuela & Colombia. ~9 months were spent on research and creation of this world.
Reason for the project is that I've been waiting for years for a proper optimised jungle map. With help of great talented man Berghoff that is now (after 9-10 months of hard work) possible to enjoy.
We have to understand that vegetation rich map is a whole different matter in BIS engine. PCs that were able to run Duala/Panthera on max settings & view distance of 10 km will probably only have sufficient FPS with 1000-4000 meter distance on Lingor. With months of optimisations (especially Berghoff did an amazing feat here) we can now enjoy jungle from air or from a grunt's perspective.
Lingor has been updated to v3.81! This time he brought his tanned brother with him - Dingor: Alternative Desert version.
- substantial terrain smoothing & various improvements
- removed CUP CWA dependency (buildings error popup)
- built four new bridges, rivers are now inter-connected (great for boat patrols)
- rebuilt the central river area, new remote settlement on an isle
- fixed long bridges so vehicles don't sink into the asphalt
- added: Dingor - alternative desert version map!
- fixed rally path (increased visibility)
- added more docks to settlements
- enabled dust effects for vehicles and units
- replaced wrong in/out signs for town of Vidora