This addon adds PLA Forces units, weapons and vehicles to Arma3, it is made using retextured uniform and imported gear and weaponsin order to represent the following PLA assets :
- PLA Infantry.
- PLA Marines.
- PLA Special Forces.
- PLA Winter/Arctic troops.
- PLA Paratroopers.
- PLA Divers.
I used web sources .
- Units are equipped with QBZ rifles derived from Apex CAR95, they're compatible with all other accessores without any requirements.
- Units are equipped with custom helmets, headgear, bodyarmor, uniforms.
- Weapons are compatible with CBA and all third party's optics/accessories compatible with CBA, even if CBA is not a requirement for this addon.
- Each camo class has its own faction now (Alive will spawn units with same camo now).
- Custom facegear like googles and gasmask.
- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.
- There are 2 weapon boxes containing all weapons/ammo and custom gear/equipment.
- Wide variety of groups in the editor.
- Uniforms, headgear, weapons and equipment can be placed on the ground in 3d editor now.
- Preview pictures in the editor.
- Custom flags and markers.
- Classlist included in folder.
- Reduced addon size, improved cfg, improved models and textures and removed dependencies from other addons.
To install the PLA Forces you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the PLA Forces please refer to the included documentation.
Opfor - PLA Forces - Type
Same for groups:
Opfor - PLA Forces - Type
FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_chi_army
VEHICLES OPTIONAL CONFIG:
I made the vehicles optional on users demand, in order to get them is very easy:
- open mod folder located in your Arma3 Install
- just copy the 2 optional files ("mas_chi_army_v", "mas_chi_army_v.pbo.mas.bisign") included in "VEHICLE OPTIONAL CONFIG" folder into @PLA_Forces\addons
Divers seems to not take custom faces (like asian faces).
Credits & Thanks:
I used what I found on web as reference sources.
Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!
: basic model russian VDV paratrooper and berets that I used for officer uniforms
Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 and for the public MLODs !
Thanks to all Arma community for great support !
- Added full set of OPFOR retextured vehicles, so now it's a complete faction with no other requirements
- Added Special Forces in urban camo
- Added winter camo units
- Reworked all the camouflage of uniforms and equipment
- Added new facegear
- Added platecarriers variants
- Added SA-7
- Added dress uniform for Officer
- Improved models and textures of vest and helmets
- Removed all dependancies from my weapon's mod
- Reworked all models and textures
- Updated with Apex's Chinese language
- Fixed and improved config
- Added Marines and Winter troops
- Removed deprecated HD units
- Improved vest and gear models
- added high dispersion units
- fixed SD ammo values
- Fixed: Updated with new armor system for vest and headgear
- added officer uniform
- added 2 new russian backpacks to replace alice pack
- First release
- Arma 3 Apex
- Arma 3 Marksmen
- BI forums
- Armaholic forums