A simple set of fighters that represent closely what is in real life, using ported from A2 models and textures (Takistan civilians).
It should be noted that other than a couple RGOs, they're unarmed and decided to keep it relatively simple given player preference on weapon mods and the like, so you'll have to gear them up in the Editor or Virtual Arsenal, etc.
To install EricJ Taliban Units you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Taliban Fighters please refer to the included documentation.
So far all six can be found in OPFOR>Taliban
Future plans (mid next weekish or so)
- Managed to get the MP missions setup as a separate PBO, which will be a part of the pack (since they require it). It should be noted that the Steam versions online will stay that way for now, if it becomes necessary they'll be removed from Steam and part of the weapons pack exclusively. Now that it works it shows up in the MP missions list so I may do it that way, for RC70
- CQB C8 SFW
- Various things that are on the mind but haven't thought of yet.
- Tweaked the "6.8 SPC Suppressor" and re-scaled it down to a more realistic look and is "threaded" for 5.56mm weapons. I also finally added it to the listing for 5.56mm weapons to use in the pack.
- Not sure yet, may do an M230 version of the Armed Knighthawk
- phronk asked if I could port the beards and I may do so from the A2 models, but I may have to take a more in-depth look at the 3D models to see if i can cut them away from the A2 models. If doable I can get that done.
- Fixed config entries
- Disabled glasses from all units (Taliban, civilian)
- Removed BIS Vest
- Removed RGOs
- Added a "Sniper" unit type. Again is unarmed
- Fixed the respawn vest of the generic config entries, now when respawning has the same vest (if still used).
- Fixed path error for the Taliban flag.
- Removed "no entryconfig.bin/Itemscope" error.
-Updated hitpoints so it would not always cause a crash during play.
- Removed weapons pack entries
- Uniform armor updated for 1.54 (thanks giallustio).
- Removed another A2 proxy.
- Removed A2 legacy proxies
- Removed weapon pack references from units and vehicles.
- Fixed clipping of Afghan Hat 5 in First Person View.
- Added separate hats for wear with other loadouts. Be aware that they are "as is" and may clip with various gear. There's not much I can do about it
given the wide variety of BIS and third-party gear out there.
- Added "Recruit" versions of the fighters, for some variety.
- Adjusted hit points as per the Samples Update
- Fixed clipping issues.
- Fixed various clipping issues.
- Added (No Hat) versions of the uniforms, as well as adding relevant units to have them available.
- Added more civilians to the mix.
- Fixed a distance LOD issue with the units (thanks to phronk)
- Fixed a faction error, the Taliban Technical referenced the PIF, even though the units were not part of the pack.
- Fixed elbows clipping into the fabric
- Removed an errant A2 proxy.
- Removed First Aid Kits
- Added Afghan Civilians. Due to current skill only males are included, females will be added if possible down the line
- Removed A2 hands and replaced them with A3 models.
- Added a "Taliban Technical", which is essentially an Armed Offroad for now.
- first release
- BI forums