Date: 2015-09-24 15:24
BWCSM is a mod that gives players enhanced control of AI assets, this mod also offers a range of tools and UI upgrades for player. BWCSM is based around placeable mission editor modules, meaning as a mission makers you have complete control over the features offered by BWCSM, if you don't place any of the modules this mod will have no effect on your missions. BWCSM Allows players to give Ai assets complex takings to support their mission objectives.
- Artillery Modules
- Fire missions can be scheduled in game time to allow coordinated strikes between artillery assets
- Cruise Missiles can be given to entities
- Turrets Can be given to entities (WIP)
- Artillery Battery assets can be created
- Artillery Battery assets can relocate (WIP)
- Helicopter Transport Module
- AI helicopters assets can sling cargo
- AI helicopters assets Transport Players / Ai
- AI helicopters assets Can Fast Ropes Players (WIP)
- Uses Cargo Management System
- Cargo Plane Transport Module
- AI Cargo plane assets can drop cargo in parachute
- AI Cargo plane Transport Players / Ai
- AI Uses Cargo Management System
- CAS Module
- WIP (Disabled In Current Public Version)
- General Settings menu Such as Grass / View Distance
- All assets can be given multiple waypoints / Mission Types
- Cargo / Asset management system
- Remote Control Crewmember's of BWCSM assets (WIP / Optional)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Main Module (BWCSM) needs to be placed in any mission to access the menu. Press the "show info" button on any module to see more detail on its functionality. Key bindings can also only be changed when the main moudle is down see this video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07R8yU4U7y0&index=6&list=PLDuFcVmU4yHb19NSqScisSPNOYVrUrS33
- Player / Mission Editor Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDuFcVmU4yHb19NSqScisSPNOYVrUrS33
- Demo / Preview Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDuFcVmU4yHZlVNFH6tms7ce6blHxWxan
Remember this is a test version, your help in identifying bugs is much appreciated, please read the Acknowledged Bugs / Issues section bellow before reporting an issue. When reporting a bug / issue please include details such as steps to reproduce or media of event. Any other feedback is also welcome.
Acknowledged Bugs / Issues:
- Schedule for Artillery Menu does allow fire missions to be scheduled after midnight yet.
- Contrails and animations for cruise missiles only work in single player as they are a WIP.
Credits & Thanks:
A special thanks to the following people who have help create various aspects of BWCSM:
- Spartan - Art Work for Main GUI.
- IgelQott - Art Work for Module Icons.
- DiaHard - Art Work for Main GUI.
- Rawrbear - Maths in BWCSM_fnc_MathsTriangulatePos.
A genral thanks to:
- All of you helping test the beta version!
- Everyone hosting test servers running the BETA version
- Anyone who has controbuted to CBA
- Community / Developers on the BIS fourms
- Community of Armaholic
Code Has Been Used in this project from the following sources:
- http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=21 in BWCSM_fnc_CruiseMissileDecent
License / Disclaimer:
Note: I like people using my stuff, as long as they follow the conditions beneath to avoid me haveing to do any work, enjoy
"this download" or "download" or "BWCSM": All data contained within this document when downloading BWCSM.
To use BWCSM, you must agree to the following conditions of use:
* You agree to not commercially exploit any content you may create using the BWCSM.
* You may modify BWCSM as long as you rename the root folder to avoid confusion without written permission. (For example your edit of @BWCSM could be renamed to @BWCSM_MyCoolEdit).
* You may use any script / or edit and use any script within this download in your own work without written permission as long as you credit the source and ensure there are no conflicts with the latest version of BWCSM. (For example renaming global and public variables to avoid conflicts).
* You must get written permission to use any pictures (pictures = files with the extension .paa) as BWCSM does not own many of these files.
- Public Release!
- Community Base addons A3