HCC - High Command Converter
This addon enables a leader player to convert any unit or group of units into a controlable HC group. Conversely, any HC group under player command can join the leader's group.
The default High Command system has been modified to allow thoughtful plans and coordinated execution via the addition of a few new commands in the game's commanding menus. Namely :
Group status menu (default : 5) : 2 entries :
9. Create HC Group - creates a new HC group made up of selected units
0. Execute HC plans - gives an option to launch execution of all HC plans from the regular group mode (not HC).
HC move menu (default : 1 in HC) : 4 entries :
4. Wait - Stops the selected HC group(s) while setting up plans.
5. Execute - Selected units execute orders.
6. Join group and wait - Selected HC groups join the player's group and stay where they are.
7. Join group and regroup - Selected HC groups join the player's group and regroup.
When installing custom created content you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
hcc - high command converter.pbo
For usage instructions and information of how to use these HCC - High Command Converter please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Not tested in MP.
Version 1.5.5 - Sling loading.
6-1-5 : Sling load cargo : the command returns a list of the 10 nearest sling loadable objects in a 500 m sphere and picks up the selected one.
6-1-6 : Drop off cargo -> 1. At position : heli drops off at its current position. ~2. Coordinates : click on the map and drop off at coordinates.
6-1-7 : Cancel action : cancels current action (landing, sling loading, dropping).
Version : 188.8.131.52
Fixed compatibility issues with Achilles, MCC and most likely other Zeus addons.
Version : 184.108.40.206
. Changed : Regrouping subgroups no longer cancels a 'Wait' order issued to the lead group.
. Changed : Issuing a 'Follow Me' command now does cancel a 'Wait' order given to the subgroups.
. Added a 'Tactical pace' entry in the group's speed menu. The selected speed mode can now be passed to the subgroups through the Chain of Command.
. Added a 'Automatic' entry in the group's speed menu. Subgroups in formation will automatically tend to adapt their speed to the leader's speed (unless too far from their expected position).
. Added a 'Dive in Depth' entry in the group's speed menu. Works either for divers or submarines.
Chain of Command was broken as well as some core functionalities in the Regroup/Formation system.
First pass on convoys (WIP).
1. Select your groups carefully. The order of the selection defines the position of the vehicles in the convoy.
2. Define array as - > Convoy (1-8-4).
3. Display Convoy Leaders (optional : 6-3-1-1).
4. Select the convoy leader and regroup the convoy (6-3-1-2 or, in the Regroup/RTF menu : Regroup Convoy).
5. Give waypoints to the convoy leader.
Give any vehicle a waypoint or use 'Stop Following' to make it leave the convoy. Use 'Return to Convoy' or 'Regroup Convoy' to make it join the convoy again (in the last position).
A disabled vehicle will leave automatically. A disabled leader will leave automatically and the second group will then take the lead and the waypoints.
1. Select the 'CARELESS' combat behaviour to avoid drivers to move away in panic when crossing a warzone.
2. Select the 'CARELESS' combat behaviour to avoid embarked cargo troops to disembark and engage the enemy when crossing a warzone.
3. Synchronize the convoy leader's waypoints with some other combat groups progression to provide protection to the convoy.
4. Avoid bridges like the plague.
Version : 1.5.3
1. Fixed : Pre-definition of arrays is now effective at mission initialization instead of first switching to HC.
2. Fixed : groups in arrays should no longer move away after unassigning their vehicle.
3. Reworked the artillery functions to better handle a selection of several groups of several artillery units.
4. Reworked the pack/unpack functions to better handle a selection of several groups of several dismantled weapons.
5. Fixed some issue with RHS dismantled weapons + added CUP and APEX dismantled weapons.
6. Improved : the Regroup/RTF menu now adapts in real time to the player's groups selection.
7. Added : a paypal link in case someone feels like clicking on a paypal link.
Hotfix : some issue with the dynamic menus.
This update aims at making the mod more streamlined and user friendly. It also focuses on large scale gameplay by making arrays more persistent and meaningfull.
1. Pre-definition of arrays : mission makers can now define arrays in their mission's init file. Below is a typical setup for a company made up of 3 platoons, each platoon made of 3 squads of 3 groups.
IGIT_HCC_Arrays_Presets = [
[['A',1,1], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G1,G2,G3]],
[['A',1,2], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G4,G5,G6]],
[['A',1,3], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G7,G8,G9]],
[['A',1,0], 'positional', 'Platoon', 1, [G1,G4,G7]],
[['A',2,1], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G10,G11,G12]],
[['A',2,2], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G13,G14,G15]],
[['A',2,3], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G16,G17,G18]],
[['A',2,0], 'positional', 'Platoon', 1, [G10,G13,G16]],
[['A',3,1], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G19,G20,G21]],
[['A',3,2], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G22,G23,G24]],
[['A',3,3], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G25,G26,G27]],
[['A',3,0], 'positional', 'Platoon', 1, [G19,G22,G25]],
[['A',0,0], 'positional', 'Company', 1, [G1,G10,G19]]
. Please note that the last line has no coma at the end.
. In this setup, G1 leader's rank is Major. G10 and G19 leaders are Captains. G22, G25, G13, G16, G4 and G7 leaders are leutenants, the other groups leaders are sergeants.
. Elements :
1. ['A',1,1] : Company A, Platoon 1, Squad 1. The callsigns are not functional yet but I may use them later on.
2. 'directional' : Mode of the array. Can be either 'directional' or 'positional'. Directional by default is not recommended for very large arrays.
3. 'Squad' : Type of the array. Can be either 'Squad', 'Platoon' or 'Company'.
4. 1 : This variable is not functional yet. It will decide whether or not you define the current position of your groups as their default formation. Custom HC formations will be possible at a later stage.
5. [G1,G2,G3] : groups of your array. Arrays of order X can be made of either all the X-1 groups, or just the X-1 leaders. For instance, Platoon 1 could be [G1,G2,G3,G4,G5,G6,G7,G8,G9] but the mod only takes the subleaders (if any) into account.
2. Gameplay : 'Stop Following' is no longer mandatory to take back direct control over a subgroup. Issuing a waypoint to the group will now automatically break the current formation.
3. Gameplay : the Regroup/RTF system has been reworked to differentiate arrays that were properly defined from the more opportunistic 'Follow Me' command. You can now order any group to follow you without breaking the array he belongs to.
Use 'Regroup Subgroups' or 'Return To Formation' when you're dealing with your squads, platoons or companies, and use 'Form Back on Me' or 'Form Back on Player' when you want to call back the groups you've taken control over with 'Follow Me'.
Note that a group that has been sent back to its regular formation is no longer available for the 'Back on Me' or 'Back on Player' commands (unless you use 'Follow Me' again). Those changes in the system should prevent from breaking the arrays
you've defined unless you deliberately choose to re-define them.
4. As a bonus I have changed the 'Vehicle Speed' menu to provide a wider range of controllable speeds.
- Fixed a syntax error that appeared with the latest game update.
. Fixed : WP sync system (sync lines).
. Fixed : Artillery functions now work with every static weapon or vehicle that has artillery ammo.
. Added : suppression (LAlt+suppress) now works with vehicle of all types for 15s (tanks, APCs, etc).
. Changed : slowest vehicle speed is now set to 2m/s instead of 0.5 m/s.
. Fixed : Groups IDs are now tracked and attached to the group leader. Recreating a group with the same leader will set the same group ID.
. Added : Groups IDs can now be changed at anytime. Hit 0-9 : Rename Group to display the GUI.
1. Fixed : several minor issues with color assignment.
2. Fixed : team switch should now be functional in SP .
3. Fixed : groups formations were not included in the Chain of Command system.
4. Fixed : the scope of commands in the Chain of Command could mess up when a group was leading a squad, a platoon and a company at the same time. The process has been streamlined and is now based on this simple rule :
Display the platoon page to command at platoon level (6-0-8). Display the company page to command at company level (6-0-9). You're commanding the squad by default on any other page.
This principle applies to several critical leader commands :
. 6-3 : Subgroups mode.
. 6-4 : Subgroups formation.
. 6-5 : Chain of Command.
. Regroup subgroups (HC root menu).
5. Added : Define Array As -> Not Defined (1-8-4). Resets the selected groups and removes them from any previously defined array.
6. Added : Subgroups mode -> New Positional / New directional. Assign current groups positions to the selected leader's array. New Positional is actually the former 'Positional' mode, which now simply resets the variable instead of defining new positions.
7. Added : High command formations :
. 6-4 : Subgroups formation -> 1. Line 2. Column 3. Wedge 4. Circle. -> Interval : 20 ... 200 m.
Just like 'Subgroups Mode' and 'Chain of Command', this command only becomes available when at least one defined leader is selected. You can combine formations at different levels (e.g. 3 squad Wedges in a platoon Line).
1. Fixed : performance loss due to the new module generation system.
2. Fixed : the waypoints synchronization system wouldn't reload when resuming a saved mission.
3. Fixed : groups couldn't be switched back to the regular stances after a 'Copy my stance' order.
4. Added : Define Array As -> 2. Platoon - 3. Company. (HC Menu 1-8-(...)).
Defining up from the smallest (Squad) to the biggest (Company) makes the former follow the latter. Defining down from the biggest to the smallest frees the smaller group from following the bigger.
5. Added : Display -> 8. Platoon leaders - 9. Company leaders. (HC menu 6-0-(...)). The player's group is always considered a leader group.
6. Added : Chain of Command - > 1. Enable CoC for Subgroups - 2. Disable CoC for Subgroups.
The command is greyed out by default and becomes available as soon as at least one defined leader is selected. When enabled, the following orders can be passed from a leader to his subgroups :
Stance / Copy my stance / Combat mode (RoE) / Behaviour / enableAttack / Speed / Slow Vehicles / Copy speed / Allow GetIn / Get in-out Assigned Veh / Cargo load or unload.
Fixed : You couldn't set waypoints while playing DUWS.
Added in HC Actions Menu : 6-7 : Add Vacant Groups of Side.
In SP, the command adds every vacant playable unit's group to the player's HC bar and turns every Coop into a playable SP mission.
In MP, the command adds every vacant playable unit's group to the HC bar of the most ranked player of a side.
Every removed group can be called back using this command.
Added a 'Follow Me' command to give the player direct leadership over any selected group, whatever its rank.
'Follow true' has been renamed 'Define array As' and opens up a new submenu : Squad, Platoon or Company. You can only define arrays as Squads for the time being. The highest ranked group in the array is now automatically selected as the Array's leader and becomes available for the 'Display Leaders' command. So rank now matters.
'Follow False' has been renamed 'Stop Following'. It frees a group from following its leader but no more erases its assigned array, meaning that a pre-defined formation can now be called back.
Added a 'Regroup' command in the groups HC root menu. The command is now effective even after a 'Stop Following' order. It splits into two subcommands :
- Regroup Subgroups : selected array leaders (or player) regroup their immediate subordinate groups.
- Return to Formation : selected subordinate groups return to their defined formation.
Added a 'Subgroups Mode' command in the HC Actions Menu (6-3). This enables the player to change a leader's subgroups mode (positional/directional) at will without having to redefine the whole array. You must have at least one leader selected to access this command.
Added a 'Display' command in the HC Actions Menu (6-0) to give access to all available display modes.
Added a 'Remove Group from HC bar' command in the HC Actions Menu (6-9).
Moved the '3D Icons ON/OFF' command in the HC reply menu (0-7/8).
+ a few other minor changes and fixes.
- Hotfix : the mod did not work on MP respawn. For whatever reason the 'Group' respawn type remains broken.
HC menu Move :
8. Follow true => Positional /Directional : Selected groups will follow the first element of the array (formation).
9. Follow false - Selected groups leave their current formation.
0. Return to Formation - works in combination with a 'Wait' order. Selected groups return to their current formation.
HC menu Engage :
7~8. Enable/DisableAI AutoCombat : enables/disables autonomous switching to COMBAT when in danger.
HC menu Team :
Display All => All groups / All leaders.
HC menu Reply :
5~6. Sentences On/Off : allows sentences or mutes all groups.
Added : RHS statics integration (dismantled weapons and static cannons).
Improved : artillery functions. Fire/Repeat artillery now works with mortars, static cannons (RHS) and tanks.
Fixed : unloaded cargo troops were forced to walk when using 'Slow vehicles';
Fixed : additional HC modules prevented from issuing 'Move' orders;
Fixed : Watch and Suppress could not be executed from the map (the leader still needs a clear line of sight for suppression to work);
Changed : lists of nearest vehicles are now limited to the ten first items. I'll maybe add pages later;
Changed : lists of nearest vehicles are now filtered through a knowsAbout function;
Added : Speed menu : Fly in height + allow Getin/out;
Added : Actions menu:
-- 1. Vehicles : engine ON/OFF + heli Land (in,out, off) + cancel landing;
-- 2. Weapons : Unpack/Pack static weapon + Fire/Repeat Artillery (limited to A3 vanilla dismantled weapons so far);
-- 0. Add curator groups : all groups that belong to a Zeus player are added to his HC bar.
Added : Team menu : color assignment + display functions;
Added : waypoints synchronization system. Check the first post for a detailed explanation.
fixed : 'Radio' and 'Custom' entries were mixed in the 'Reply' HC menu (ingame bug).
fixed : you couldn't create HC groups with units in vehicle.
changed : entries order in HC move menu.
Added : effective doWatch command (Left Alt by default).
Added : active suppression system.
Added : 3D icons selection (ON/OFF).
Added : groups stance management (stand/crouch/prone/auto/copy).
Added : groups speed management (copy + slow vehicles).
Added : groups combat mode management (Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Red) + engagement behaviour (enable Attack true/false).
Added : transport system (menu 5) : Land/Sea/Air + cursor selection.
. fixed : a subordinate player could take control over his group leader.
. fixed : execution couldn't be launched through the Status menu for groups created externally.
. changed : 'Join' option in HC move menu now split into two separate entries:
6. Join group and wait
7. Join group and regroup
- first release
- BI forums