released an updated version of his High Command Converter addon
on the BI forums
This addon enables a leader player to convert any unit or group of units into a controlable HC group. Conversely, any HC group under player's command can join the leader's group.
The default High Command system has been modified to allow thoughtful plans and coordinated execution via the addition of a few new commands in the game's commanding menus.
This version expands the definition of controllable arrays to Platoon and Company levels. A custom-made Chain of Command system has also been implemented to make the player able to command full arrays via their leader's group.
- Fixed : several minor issues with color assignment.
- Fixed : team switch should now be functional in SP .
- Fixed : groups formations were not included in the Chain of Command system.
- Fixed : the scope of commands in the Chain of Command could mess up when a group was leading a squad, a platoon and a company at the same time. The process has been streamlined and is now based on this simple rule :Display the platoon page to command at platoon level (6-0-8). Display the company page to command at company level (6-0-9). You're commanding the squad by default on any other page.
This principle applies to several critical leader commands:
. 6-3 : Subgroups mode.
. 6-4 : Subgroups formation.
. 6-5 : Chain of Command.
. Regroup subgroups (HC root menu).
- Added : Define Array As -> Not Defined (1-8-4). Resets the selected groups and removes them from any previously defined array.
- Added : Subgroups mode -> New Positional / New directional. Assign current groups positions to the selected leader's array. New Positional is actually the former 'Positional' mode, which now simply resets the variable instead of defining new positions.
- Added : High command formations:Just like 'Subgroups Mode' and 'Chain of Command', this command only becomes available when at least one defined leader is selected. You can combine formations at different levels (e.g. 3 squad Wedges in a platoon Line).
. 6-4 : Subgroups formation -> 1. Line 2. Column 3. Wedge 4. Circle. -> Interval : 20 ... 200 m.