LAxemann and Jokoho482
What is DynaSound 2.0?
DynaSound 2.0 is a sound modification for ArmA3 and all of it's DLCs. It mainly focuses on weapon- and explosion sounds, however all helicopters as well es the Xi'an VTOL were redone, too.
• All weapon sounds were redone, mainly using high-quality recordings.
• Shooting from inside a building reduces the distance one can be heard.
• A differenciated and thoughtfully mixed soundscape. Due to a higher dynamic range and less compression, you can and have to turn your volume up in order to bring out the details and punch!
• Custom bullet supersonic cracks as well as subsonic "swooshs".
• All helicopters as well as the Xi'an VTOL were redone .
• Distant-sounds for helicopters.
• Flyby sounds for helictopers as well as the Xi'an VTOL.
• Rocket flyby sounds. "swiush!"
• Incoming rocket sounds for the MLRS. Usually is the last thing you hear.
• New explosion sounds
• When firing a rocket, the engine sound actually originates from the rocket and is moving away from you. Try the MLRS!
To install the DynaSound 2 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
• The m134 gatling gun might sound weird when not in first person - A recent issue and I'm trying to fix it.
• Some volume balancing might have to be done here and there as I went on a tweaking rampage shortly before release and I might have overseen something. :)
• Most explosions are still the DynaSound 1 ones and will be redone over the time.
• It's not DynaSound 3 yet
Credits & Thanks:
• Bohemia Interactive for this piece of software that stole my soul.
• Jokoho482 for rewriting and improving pretty much every script I've ever done while teaching me tons of stuff. So much love!
• Megagoth because love.
• Everybody who kept motivating me over the last two and a half years! :)
• Everybody who enjoys what we do. :)
If you enjoy our content, feel free to leave us a cup of coffee via a PayPal donation. Would make our day!
It's my paypal donation account, but every donation will be shared with Jokoho.
Fixed: Bombs were not usable on Planes
Fixed: Inheritance issues
got to turn the debugger off, updated and fixed
2.21 - 13.08.2017
Fixed: Some script errors [Joko]
Fixed: A workaround for the broken say3d command [Joko]
Tweaked: The flyby sounds now won't repeat when using the splendid/Zeus camera
Fixed: Author Array Error
Fixed: some vehicles Triggered FastFlyby sounds that dont had sounds defined
Added: New occlusion/obstruction parameters (formerly preventing weapons from being heard when inside a building or obstructed by an object)
Switched to in-engine based distance scripts and more
New bullet cracks
•Added: Merlin/Mohawk sounds
•Added: Lynx/Hellcat sounds
•Added: New Negev/Zafir sounds
•Fixed: UBC Issues
•Fixed: Missing indoor sounds for the titan launcher
•Changed: GVars are now created in the pre- and not postInit
• Changed: DS_m_SonicCracks now is DS_m_Bullets (remove DS_m_SonicCracks!)
• Changed: Adaption of the CBA Macro and XEH system
• Changed: More scripts now run unscheduled
• Changed: New Katiba sounds
• Added: MAR-10
• Added: Cyrus
• Added: MK14
• Added: EMR
• Added: New explosion sounds for ground vehicles
• Added: New subsonic bullet flyby sounds
• Fixed: Flyby script now takes player speed into consideration
• Fixed: Flyby script won't show an error if the aircraft has no flyby sound defined
• Tweaked: Inroom sounds should be more audible
• Tweaked: Some inconsistencies in the volume of silenced weapons
• Added: Custom sounds for all helicopters
• Added: Helicopter Flyby sound system
• Added: Distance sounds for all helicopters
• Added: Environmental sound feedback from explosions
• Added: New supersonic crack sounds for different surroundings
• Fixed: Some vehicle weapons were barely audible in first person
• Tweaked: "Small impact"-soundset (30mm cannon, AA, etc)
- first release
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums