This addon adds new camo nets in different versions - Inventory sniper/FO nets (new in v2.0), and vehicle nets. All Vehicle nets are located under Empty > Camo Nets. The sniper camo nets come in two sizes. The sniper nets nets are available in ammo crates (Ammo > Camo Nets).
A script is included to allow mission makers to equip any vehicle with deployable camo nets. A script is also included for the sniper camo nets to help scripted deployment scenarios (pre-populate map with nets).
The default A2 "Land" nets are now included, labelled as "FARP" nets. Droppable, and avaialble in an ammo crate same as the sniper nets.
Future plans include a "spotter net" that contains a laser designator, and integration of my Signal Marker Panels addon for multiplayer use.
- Two different camo net patterns - The "woven net pattern" (akin to WW2 M.A.S.H. style) called "East", and the modern waffle style called "West". This addon contains a total of 792 different net/color combinations... and counting!
SNIPER / FO NETS:
- New in v3.0: Backpack-based netting completely removed, in favor of drop-nets that can be added to the A3 backpacks. Previous backpack-related issues are now moot. Net use is now simplified - select a camo net from the appropriate ammo box and add it to your inventory! To use, drop it to the ground... presto a camo net!
- Enemy AI detection with sniper nets is *significantly* reduced! The use of nets to avoid enemy AI detection are subject to these requirements:
-- You MUST remain prone. AI can detect you when crouched.
-- Your weapon must be inside the net. Barrels sticking through the net may be detected.
-- Your body must remain motionless. NOTE: Head-only movements were not detectable by the AI during my testing.
-- Since your body must remain motionless, your AI squad members may be susceptible to detection depending on the circumstances (for example if the AI squad member were to "turn to" the enemy, they could be detected).
-- That the nets will reduce enemy AI detection, but may not completely eliminate it! As in real life, the nets are concealment, not cover, and you may still be detectable.
- The new sniper inventory nets are found in the "Camo Nets" Ammo crates under "Ammo > Camo Nets".
- Sniper/FO nets utilize a minimum of space within the pack, since as in real life one could simply secure the lightweight nets to the outside of a pack with straps. This leaves the majority of inventory space avaialble for use with other inventory items
- Sniper/FO nets come in two different sizes: "Small" 2-man size and "Medium" 3-man size. The small nets are only usable when prone. The medium nets can be used when crouching or when using some low-profile static guns and some AT weapons.
- Adds deployable camo nets for vehicles in three different sizes: "Vehicle Medium" for M113 sized and smaller vehicles, "Vehicle Large" for tank-sized vehicles, and "Vehicle XL" for vehicles up to 5T trucks.
- The script that deploys vehicle camo nets requires about 45 seconds total to deploy the net! This was added to balance the deployment and represent a more realistic scenario.
- Vehicle Nets will automatically remove themselves if the vehicle drives > 25 meters away, or if the vehicle is destroyed.
To install the POOK Camonets you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use these POOK Camonets please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to BIS for the ARMAVERSE!
Vehicle deployment script modfied from sxp2high's example posted in BIS forums.
Mod by hcpookie
License / Disclaimer:
- Portions of the models are based on Arma1/Arma2 sample models; therefore you are bound by the sample model restrictions.
- This mod is ONLY for use with BIS games!
- You are not allowed to decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise derive content from this addon.
- You are free to enjoy it in its original form in accordance with the BIS EULA!
- No one may charge for or receive financial compensation for use of, or access to, any part of this addon in any way or form, including "perk"-based access, and especially no use is permitted on "life" servers.
- Requests for commercial / military use, please contact me via email:
- FIX: West Spotter net errors
- FIX: Zeus compatibility was missing from certain objects
- IMPROVED: All nets now have semi-transparent shadows
- IMPROVED: Camo net crates now use the drop cargo model
- NEW: Roadblocks and checkpoint signs
- NEW: Editor preview pics for most items
- FIX: Those damn inventory popup errors
- NEW: Published to Steam for those who can't figure out how to add mods the right way.
- IMPROVED: Vehicle placement scripts
- IMPROVED: Revised readme instructions
- NEW: 3D editor subclasses
- NEW: Spotter Nets
New objects for use in spawning scripts:
- NEW: "Artillery Rampart" embankment: pook_nets_fort_artillery_nest
- NEW: Satellite dish with tall pole: pook_Satellite_dish
- NEW: Satellite phone: pook_SatPhone
- adds "A2 style" nets in all the different colors of the rainbow. Listed as "FARP" tents.
- FIX: Dependency error causing pop-up on launch.
FIRST ARMA3 VERSION
- Backpack nets completely removed due to A3 backpack system. Simply select drop nets from the Ammo crates. Vehicle nets are unaffected and remain as-is.
- Ammo > Camo Nets (inventory: West 2-man) Crate
- BI forums