After reunification at the End of the Soviet Union, the re-formed Bundeswehr were in need of a standardised infantry weapon, and on a budget.
H&K, being one of the preferred candidates on the tender, offered up numerous existing designs, all turned down.
Design work was then initiated from the ground up on a modern 5.56mm assault rifle designated "Project 50" or HK50.
The prototype was then trialed, where it was rated higher than the rival Austrian Steyr AUG system. The final version of the G36
was completed in 1994. Production of the G36 began in 1995.
The G36 is an interesting melting-pot of concepts- basic operation of the rifle is fairly directly inspired by the Short-stroke piston of the Armalite AR18, the sightin system insipred by the AUG,
and through use of new age polymers and materials, and an emphasis on ambidexterous ergonomics.
Despite all this, the end product is a sort of mixed bag- while the gun is conceptually and functionally solid, long term use is starting to shake out issues like heat dissipation from hotter NATO loads
(QED the M855A1 EPR round), and the original dual-optic setup was not without usage issues.
However, to this day, the G36 is in most contexts a solid performing rifle.
To install the NIArms G36 Rifles you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the HLC-G36 Rifle Family please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Credits & Thanks:
Spartan0536 - Ballistics
Tigg - 40mm Grenade
Toadie - Everything Else
The HLC/SHARBSE crew for being awesome, tolerant of oddities and allround rad blokes
Kerc Kasha, for answering all my awkward hour config and scripting questions and basicly firing me up to work on Arma stuff.
FPArma for FPDrama also Landrovers.
- Implemented XML Stringtables
- Japanese Language String Translation (Credit: ClassicArma)
- French Language String Translation (Credit: StalkerSoC)
- New Sounds implemented (Credit: Navarro)
- Implemented MagzineWells, Compatible with JAM
- Implemented RHS Grip support to Applicable weapons
- Implemented Magazine Proxies
- Implemented Charms
- Recoil rebalanced on all 5.56mm G36s
- Re-posed Hand Anims
- G36: Fixed tracer counts
- Soundshader Volume Relevelling
- Weapons use new Muzzleflashes.
- Weapon inventory icons now use New system
- all mass values recalculated to unified standard.
- Corrections to fireselectors on all the E series
- Ammobox includes Mg36 and the missing CMAGs
- Support to magswitch function on all Weapons
- Soundshader/Soundset changes:
+ Occlusion and Obstruction issues fixed (Gunshots no longer occluded by an A4 sheet held to face)
+ Midrange Gunshots tweaked
+ Tail volumes improved
+ Minor sound volume tweaks across the board
- General AI Behaviour improvements.
- Restore missing slots on G36C/CV/V/KV models (credit Robalo)
- Add opticType param to G36 optics (credit Robalo)
- Fix UI for 2rnd burst fire mode (credit Robalo)
- Cleanup G36 config, fixes #45 (credit Robalo)
- Corrected Ammobox displayname
- Add G36 weaponholders (credit Robalo)
- Added G36 Bipod (plus support on E and A series)
- Corrected several minor inheritance issues on the V and Tactical series
- Tactical G36 front sights now fold correct way
- Hidden Selections (Check classes for more details)
- Mass,Inertia,Dexterity adjustments
hlc_rifle_G36E1AG36_Romi (fun retex)
hlc_rifle_G36KA1KSK (G36K + KAC Rifle-length Foregrip, iDZ Rail)
HLC_Rifle_G36KSKAG36 (AG36 Variant of the above)
- Whitespacing formatting conformed (Credit: YoursTruly)
- JR attachment slots cleanup(Credit: Robalo)
- Fixed: ItemInfo and WeaponsSlotsInfo errors (credit YoursTruly)
- Magazine external dependencies fix- dependency on hlc_wp_Aug removed from magazines
- Added IRDIM Tracer Magazines
- Soundshader alterations- brought closerange gunshot audio down to more comparable audble ranges to default/Laxemann ranges (less over-range/clipping)
Adjusted AG36 velocity and ranging
Reticle adjustment- now has rangefinder. Accurate at all distances.
Changed reloadaction for G36KE
Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
Arsenal Icons implemented
Grenade sight accuracy improved(all). Should hit more or less Bang on for respective zeroings.
Removed redundant inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect.Added:
- first release
- Community Base addons A3
- NIArms Core
- BI forums