Date: 2019-05-02 10:53
The Model of 1903 Springfield Rifle is an odd branch of firearms history, in that, it's one of the only legally citable cases of plajorism and Intellectual property theft comitted by a Nation's Federal Arsenal in the 20th century. The Springfield Model 1903 came out of the US Army's need for a new infantry rifle to replace the M1892 Springfield Krag Rifles. While theoretically fine rifles, the Krag ran afoul of it's loading gate mechanism in combat, in particular the Spanish-American War made it's cumbersome nature prominent against the Spanish Mausers(notably The Battle for San Juan Hill). In the aftermath of the war, the US Army and Navy went straight to the throat of the problem and began a massive modernisation project, and the keystone for the infantryman was the adoption of a new rifle, to be deveolped by the Springfield National Armoury. One capable of firing more capable rounds expected of rifles of 1900, and was less cumbersome to feed and operate in combat. The rifle's developement took beneficial design elements from the Krag Rifles and overlayed with the feed mechanics of Mauser pattern action. The first offering, the 1901,was turned away by the Army,but it only took them a year to revise the design to a level of satisfaction. The 1903 incorporated further design elements from deconstructed Spanish Model 93 Mausers, that despite fundemental differences in operation (notably the Two-piece firing pin of the Krag versus the Mauser's one), Mauser Werke successfully litigated the US Government for US$250,000 un-adjusted for inflation and won.
The A1 of 1929 model incorprated two significant changes to the rifle from the stock 1903, or 1903 Mk1 - the rifles were fitted with "C" Stocks (stocks with a more pistol-like grip behind the trigger), and the complete omission of support for the Pedersen device. Of worthy note too, the 1903A1s used by the USMC for sniper roles were built off commercial match-grade(1903NM) receivers and barrels.
Though the Springfield M1903A1 was officially retired by the Army in 1939, the USMC continued using these specifically through WW2 as a service rifle and into Vietnam as a sniper's rifle, in limited capacity. Additonally, during WW2, New-manufacture Springfields were built by Remington and Smith-Corona for the Army as A3 and A4s, though both contracts ceased with WW2-VD.
This pack has two examples of M1903A1 - A standard-issue M1903A1, and a M1903A1 with Unertl 8x Scope.
To install the NIArms M1903 Springfield Rifles you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the HLC Springfield 1903A1please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
- Supports ACE Ballistics. M1903A1s have
- While it's not a dependency of the Springfields, I highly, HIGHLY reccommend running this with Weapon Eventhandler Framework. I designed this mod with the use of it in mind, BUT it can run without it. Please show some love and use it
Credits & Thanks:
Ruthberg - Ballistics (as part of ACE ballistics)
Toadie - Everything Else
The HLC/SHARBSE crew for being awesome, tolerant of oddities and allround rad blokes
Kerc Kasha, for answering all my awkward hour config and scripting questions and basicly firing me up to work on Arma stuff.
FPArma for FPDrama also Landrovers.
- Implemented XML Stringtables
- Japanese Language String Translation (Credit: ClassicArma)
- Implemented MagzineWells, Compatible with JAM
- Implemented Charms
- Soundshader Volume Relevelling
- Weapons use new Muzzleflashes.
- Weapon inventory icons now use New system
- all mass values recalculated to unified standard.
- Soundshader/Soundset changes:
+ Occlusion and Obstruction issues fixed (Gunshots no longer occluded by an A4 sheet held to face)
+ Midrange Gunshots tweaked
+ Tail volumes improved
+ Minor sound volume tweaks across the board
- General AI Behaviour improvements.
- Migrated per-pack ballistic data to Core: .3006
- added hiddenselections (see respective classes for details)
Fixed sounds sampleate issue.
- Whitespacing formatting conformed (Credit: YoursTruly)
- JR attachment slots cleanup(Credit: Robalo)
- Fixed: ItemInfo and WeaponsSlotsInfo errors (credit YoursTruly)
- Magazine external dependencies fix- dependency on hlc_wp_Aug removed from magazines
- Soundshader alterations- brought closerange gunshot audio down to more comparable audble ranges to default/Laxemann ranges (less over-range/clipping)
- Sound Overhaul (Credit- Navaro)
Changed reloadaction for G36KE
Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
Arsenal Icons implemented
Grenade sight accuracy improved(all). Should hit more or less Bang on for respective zeroings.
Removed redundant inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
Adjustments to Ironsights- animated ironsights.
- first release
- NIArms Core
- Community Base Addons A3
- BI forums