POOK AFV Pack
This addon provides numerous Armored Fighting Vehicles. It includes my previously standalone Pandur pack. This pack requires CUP units and weapons, and Pook camonets. Complete requirements listed below.
Vehicles are found in new “AFV” editor classes, loosely categorized by paint scheme and intended environment (forest, desert).
Editor preview pics are now included.
The factions are represented via CUP: ACR, Germany, CDF, CDF-Independent (CDF NATO Peacekeepers), NAPA guerillas, Chedaki
Insurgents, and Takistan Army, Tak Insurgents, and Tak Guerillas. This should allow for greatest flexibility for mission makers. I have no plans to create versions for the “default” A3 factions, since this is a port of my previously created A2 content.
• New "AFV" editor classes, and new preview pics.
• Various Forest and Desert texture sets based on faction
• Enhanced 3D model with walkable interior, and fully articulated surfaces and hatches
• New versions based on Real Life examples, with accurate cargo complement
• Foliage camouflage that can be user-deployed
• Camouflage netting in user-selectable colors that is MP-synchronized
• Signal panel banner for easy identification from the air
• Climbable exterior (access from the rear) and walkable top deck and interior
• Night marker “green glow” convoy lights
• Fully articulated water fording gear and propellers
• Random MP-synchronized “clutter” and insignia decals
• Working gas can (refuel action) and spare tires on some models
To install the POOK AFV Pack you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the POOK AFV Pack please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Driver turn-out in A3 cannot use the external views as it did in A2, so the driver-out view now has jumbled polygons of
things and errors that weren’t seen in A2. This is a BIS issue… feel free to up-vote it: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22385
Mast on HQ model uses the new A3 “raise/lower” commands (normally Q/E on keyboard). The smaller mast on the ATGM
models cannot utilize the new A3 “raise/lower” commands due to the turret configuration. Therefore, the “raise/lower”
action is a manual user action on the AT models.
Some of the visual internal component placement is off slightly due to scaling issues.
It is sometimes difficult to walk into the new walkable interior from the rear ramp. If this happens, sometimes moving
slightly to the side, or crouching down or even crawling can make it easier to walk into the interior of the vehicles.
The BTR-80 AFV interior is not fully polished. Needs some more love.
The BTR-80 has no walkable exterior. The BTR-60 and Pandur family does however.
POOK_Camonets is a common requirement for my mods. I decided to keep it released separately from this release so as to
avoid duplicate download concerns
License / Disclaimer:
New airplane model that includes some content from Arma1/Arma2 sample models (for cockpit gauges, etc.); therefore you are
bound by the sample model EULA restrictions.
- SPIKE ATGM Missile 3D model credit Von Knudenberg!
- This mod is ONLY for use with BIS games (Arma engine and VBS titles only)!
- NO DERIVATIVES: you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise derive content in this pack.
- Armaholic may of course distribute this as they deem necessary due to the immense service they provide to the community!
No one may charge for, or receive financial compensation for use of, or access to, any part of this addon in any way or form, including “perk”-based access, and absolutely no use is permitted on "life" servers. In short, you are not permitted to use it if you make money from it.
Requests for commercial / military use, please contact me via email
FIX: KPVT 14.5mm ammo settings
FIX: PKT Turret mags in the BTRs were missing ammo
FIX: BRDM2-M distance LOD issue
FIX: Some driver INIT views were offset
FIX: Numerous gunparticle effects
FIX: Several 3D model issues on Pandurs
FIX: Transparent texture on HOT-2 missile
FIX: Numerous texture issues
FIX: Physx settings on all vehicles (broken suspension settings)
FIX: Broken suspension points on BPM-97 3D model
FIX: Turrets on Pandur transport, mortar and MGS versions
IMPROVED: BRDM2-AT-2 uses improved missile model
IMPROVED: Ambient Radio script now "off" by default - players can now activate the radio via user action; mission makers may activate it via INIT.
NEW: Native support for Vanilla factions; CUP and FAP Units are now optional
- FIX: Incorrect 9K31 (SA9) CDF/RU side/faction assignments
- FIX: Incorrect HQ class assignments for several factions
- FIX: 2A42 cannon animations
- FIX: Some vehicles drive under water: Pandur M2 / slat, Pandur SP30 / slat, BRDM2 9K31 (SA9), BRDM2 ASRAD, BRDM2 Police Models
- FIX: Distance LOD issues on some vehicles: Pandur M2 / slat, Pandur SP30 / slat
- FIX: Pandur MGS: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.CUP_12Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_105mmHE_M68_Cannon_M'
- FIX: RPT Error dur to Pandur INIT script
- FIX: RPT errors dur to Pandur parts' model configs
- FIX: BRDM2 PhysX wheel height
- FIX: BRDM2 missing engine idle noises
- FIX: Pandur mortar driver view missing PIP view
- FIX: Some preview images were incorrect
- FIX: Improved rear ramp script to better synchronize in MP JIP situations
- FIX: Some
- IMPROVED: 2A42 cannon shell eject and muzzle effects
- IMPROVED: Pandur engine sounds
- IMPROVED: BTR-80 RVMAT
- IMPROVED: 9K31 (SA9) missile launch effects aligned with missile – no more offset smoke effects!
- NEW: BPM-97 APC family. Standard transport w/ FFV, 2A42 cannon, and Ambulance models
- NEW: Ambulance versions for Pandur and BPM-97 with day/night emergency lights
- NEW: 3D model for Pandur Ambulance
- NEW: POOK_AFV Folder name and mod.cpp to assist with hosted server management and download solutions
- NEW: Day/night convoy flashing light for certain Pandur models
- NEW: Radio ambience scripts
- FIX: Popup error.
- NEW: Port of my A2 BRDM2 Improvement pack
- NEW: Port of my A2 BTR-60 pack
- NEW: BTR-80 APC versions
- NEW: Combined BRDM-2 Improvement pack, BTR-60 pack, BTR-80 pack, Pandur pack. This “combined” AFV pack supercedes my previous “standalone” pook_Pandur pack.
- first release
- POOK Camonets
- CUP Weapons
- CUP Units
- CUP Vehicles
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums