Date: 2019-04-23 07:40
This is a ported version of the Napf Island for Arma 2: OA by #momo#.
After 2.5 years of work, I finally finished my Napf Island. It is a terrain for Arma2 OA that is 20.4km on 20.4km in size. While the norh part is rather flat and is the home of most of the big cities, the south is dominated by mountains, forests and wilderness. The map is based on real elevation data from a region in Switzerland, but the towns, roads and forests are highly fictionalized.
- The terrain for my Napf-Island was made based on real DEM-Data with a 30m on 30m grid. The mountain "Napf" in reality is located in Switzerland (long/lat in Real World: +47°0/+7°56'). In the real
world, the south shore of my island is formed by the Lake of Brienz ("Brienzersee") and the Lake of Thun ("Thunersee").
- However, I squeezed about 100km on 100km of real terrain into a 25km on 25km map and I also smoothed the terrain. My Napf is not the real Napf in many aspects: I placed towns and roads where
I thought they made sence, not always on real places. The names of the towns and hills are a mix of faction and fiction, as indeed is the whole island.
- The work for this island started approximatly in August, 2011. However, I was busy ♥♥♥♥♥ing with Visitor3 for more than a month. Still, the work behind the island is insane. The town of Chatzbach,
for example, took me one day and one night in a row (I worked on Chatzbach 17 hours straight). I dont think I will finish the Island: Arma3 is on the horizon.
- However, I intend to end the island to the point where the main Ring Road (Chatzbach->Münchenstein->Muttenz->Lenzburg->Lausen) and the terrain surrounding the road is complete. This would
also include building the main town and an airport.
- Two big citys, 3 airfields, a lot of medium sized towns
- Several small islands off the main land, one of them houses a big military base
- A massive Water Dam with an electrical grid emerging from there
- Diverse landscape from the flat north with agriculture and bigger towns down to the high mountains of the south
- Tested in Multiplayer without serious bugs
To install the Napf Island A3 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Credits & Thanks:
- My Clanmate Flattermann who became more and more a co-author
- Hotzenplotz from URR-Clan for his help with Visitor and Photoshop
- AngryInsects-Team for Beta-Testing and moral support (visit www.angryinsects.de)
- All clans and mods who played the Beta-Version, which motivated me to go on with the project
- Mondkalb for his buildings
- Bushlurker and others for many helpful posts in the Editing-Section of the bi-Forums
- shezan74 for WorldTools
- Marseille77 for the GermanWaysigns Addon.
- BIS for making Arma2
ANixon's Port Section:
Agreements with momo:
As long the updated Arma 3 version is free to use in Arma 3 and not mod specific it is ok to edit/update it for Arma 3 and Momo retains rights as it original creator. Map must be released to the public and not kept private.
Some Background on port:
In no way do I claim to of made this map. All credits for original content creators are above! The work I did was nothing compared to theirs and I hope you think of them when you think of napf. Thanks!
NapfWinter Island For Arma 3
Original Version by Momo | Ported/Made by ANixon & Zisb
Winter version of Momos infamous Napf Map! Still WIP!
Credits & Thanks:
- Zisb for Satellite image and ground textures!
- Winter sounds - Thirsk island
- Winter Vegetation - Thirsk island
- ANixon Config Edits and the man that slapped everything together!
- Fixed Stars/Moon
- Fixed AIA Black sky bug
- Smoothed out some roads still WIP
- Smoothed out some buildings that you would have trouble getting into without vaulting
- Fixed Red/White Road blocks with stops signs from being offset (still have to find some)
- Fixed Lighting for 1.60 Update!!!
- Updated Cave Near Giswill
- Replace School with A2 one
- New bisigns and Key!
- Added Napf Winter
- Added napf_winter_snow_sound
- Removed missplaced building in the north (woops :))
- Removed Clutter from Napf Winter
- Removed Rock textures from Napf winter as it didn't look right
- Fixed Road Blocks that rotated 90 degrees on aia
- Fixed Stars/Moon Brightness
- Fixed School House
- Fixed some roads/crosswalks
- Fixed an issue causing clutter not to show up on default napf
- Fixed multiple bridges and made them smoother
- Fixed Weather on Napf Winter to be more cloudy
- Fixed Water on Napf to be a little darker
- Fixed some issues with winter Sat_LCO
- A lot of other small fixes that are too small to remember.
- Fixed Bikey
- Fixed Goldwil (manually rebuilt it)
- Fixed required addons (You should be able to use both aia and cup now. (Only need Cup Core though not the maps unless you want.))
- Updated Mask to a more finished version (could still need some adjustments)
- Fixed some road ends and turns (definately still needs some adjustments)
- Attempted fix at grass not showing at distance while on a server.
- A lot of other minor adjustments that aren't important for players.
- Fixed problem with aif_napfobjects.pbo
- Fixed Ponds/Error that had water go across the middle of your screen.
- Roads are now all made into shapefiles so that AI can use them! (Thank Ianbanks for this!!!)
- Fixed roads to be shapefiles for AI
- Fixed Errors/White Objects
- Fixed Satellite image (Thanks to Screamer)
- Fixed Required Addons so that it no longer needs chernarus (You will only need CUP Core to use this Map in the Future.)
- Fixed Road ends (had to flip all textures on certain roads)
- Fixed some road ends to connect more smoothly
- Finished Crosswalks
- Switched MBG Killhouses to A3 Versions
- Fixed Ground textures for _nopx (Thanks zisb.)
- Fixed some town names not being easily readable.
- Fixed Bridges
- Added Particle effects to Vehicles/Units while walking/driving on surfaces (Not completely Finished)
- CUP Terrains Core
- BI forums