Adds support for towing vehicles using ropes. Works in both SP and MP. Watch the video for directions.
- Tow other vehicles behind Ships, Cars, Trucks and Tanks
- The size of the vehicle impacts it's towing capability
- Other players (including AI) can tow other players
- Supports towing damaged / destroyed vehicles
- Supports towing "trains" of vehicles
To install the Advanced Towing you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Note: The addon only needs to be installed on the server. It's optional for clients.
Or, if you prefer a script version get the source from here: https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedTowing/blob/master/addons/SA_AdvancedTowing/functions/fn_advancedTowingInit.sqf
Execute the source via init.sqf
Default Towing Rules:
- Tanks can tow tanks, cars, ships and air
- Cars can tow cars, ships and air (excluding helicopters)
- Trucks can tow cars, ships and air (including helicopters)
- Ships can only tow ships
Notes for Mission Makers:
You can customize which classes of objects can "deploy" tow ropes by overriding the SA_TOW_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES variable in an init.sqf file. e.g:
SA_TOW_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES = [ "Air", "Ship" ];
This will only allow objects of class Air and Ship deploy tow ropes
You can customize what can and can't be towed by defining the SA_TOW_RULES_OVERRIDE variable in the init.sqf file. e.g:
[ ["Air", "CAN_TOW", "Ship"],
["Air", "CAN_TOW", "Air"],
["Ship", "CANT_TOW", "Air"],
["Ship", "CAN_TOW", "Ship"]
In this example, all objects of class Air can tow Ships and Air. However, Ships can only tow ships.
Credits & Thanks:
- Stay Alive Tactical Team (http://sa.clanservers.com)
- BI forum community: diesel tech jc, TeTeT, belbo
- Reduced likelihood that a towed vehicle will clip into the ground
- Improved tow rope attachment points for helicopters
- Fixes security issue that would allow players to hide any object
- Changed default chain size to 2
- Adding additional hints/alerts when trying to tow locked/safezone vehicles
Improved towing vehicle speed simulation based on the mass of towed vehicles. Now can take all vehicles in a chain into account.
Mission creator can now specify max number of vehicles in a chain. Defaults to 1. Change in your init.sqf file using the variable SA_MAX_TOWED_CARGO. (e.g. SA_MAX_TOWED_CARGO = 5;)
Fixed issue causing vehicles to drive on top of trees/bushes instead of driving through them.
Added networking functions to support Exile servers. Makes server-only addon work on Exile servers with no modifications to the mission pbo or CfgRemoteExec.
Fixed issue causing vehicles to fly in the air when towed
Merged with exile script version
Fixed issue with towing vehicles over objects (e.g. bridges and docks)
Vehicles no longer float on water when towed over water.
Disabled vehicle "chaining" by default. You can enable this feature again by setting SA_TOW_CHAINS_ENABLED to true in your init.sqf file.
Updating classname in config.cpp - it was conflicting with Advanced Sling Loading
Improved movement of vehicle when moving over slopes.
Improved positioning of cargo on the ground. Should resolve some problems with custom vehicles moving into the air.
- first release
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums