Isla Abramia is IceBreakr's latest creation for Arma 3. It is a mix of lush greenery and snowy mountains. He wanted to give players of Armaverse something new to toy with and mix of green and snowy mountains always attracted him as he lives in a similiar place. Project has been on the sketchboard for years since the golden days of Arma 2.
Map is 10x10km, consists of one large island and three smaller ones. It is well suited for a 3-sided warfare. Of course, any other mission type can be played on it with no problem. There is one large paved airfield in the main valley where capitol of Yolandi is. Also, three other unpaved runways can be used by smaller transport planes up to size of a C130.
You need to have Arma 3 and CUP Core & CUP Terrains addons to play this map. Core is usually enough, but some BIS objects refer to some Zagrabad map objects. That will CUP Team fix in the next update. Make sure you're using the latest official Arma 3 stable patch!
To install the Isla Abramia you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
-> Be sure to delete any previous versions prior to the installation! If the island is not working properly, check other mod folders for duplicate pbos and bisign files.
- ILS/AI are still not set for airports
Credits & Thanks:
Created by: IceBreakr
Contributors: NeoArmageddon (map builder tool, tips), Spidi, Sahbazz, SmukY.
Testers & bugreports: SBP Team, NZDFCrash, Spidi, Sahbazz, SmukY, Jeza, NeoArmageddon.
Special thanks: Bohemia Interactive for making great mil-sim games since 2001!
License / Disclaimer:
Author: Lado Crnologar aka IceBreakr (ice AT icebreakr.info, SKYPE icebreakr, FB icebreakr, DISCORD IceBreakr)
All rights reserved.
Author grants you, as the enduser, a personal right to download, install and play with the island. This right does NOT include the possibilities to reverse engineer or even abuse content of the island addon in your own addons, games, game content or missions (scripts). Author can not be made responsible for ANY damage that could occur from the use of the addon. This island addon is for entertainment purposes only. Any military or commercial use is strictly prohibited. You are NOT allowed to exploit, redistribute and/or modify the content. You may use the island addon in conjunction with the game "Arma 3" by BIS in its original form (as in original 7z archive) only. If you want to use island addon or parts of island addon in your own addons or new game, you have to get written permission from the author.
"Island and *.pbo files supplied with it need to have original .bisign files attached and no modification or reverse-engineeering is allowed. Island and addons are forbidden to be used on servers that require donations, unless those donations are merely covering the running costs of the actual server (donations/payments must not be over $1,000 per year). If donations or other payments are made for in-game services that improve player gameplay or favorize paying players in comparison with other non-paying players, those island and accompanying addons (*.pbo) are NOT allowed to be used. Any mistreatment of these rules stated here by an individual or group can and will be prosecuted by a legal team. Expressly, for island/addons use with "life" mods and TCs (Total Conversion mods) you need a prior written permission by the author."
- three new sectors to explore, more room to hide the armor & rebel training camps ;)
- Rickwood sector on Northwest (3 towns, connected by bridges near Pepinal and Sakovo)
- new central river with town of Belluco
- new village or Roselock on North with spacious rural area
- Northeast of Roselock you can find Fake Town, constructed by military for training purposes
- Mt. Rooker has a new hotel complex on top
- alternative scenario as islands of Rickwood & Vandella declare independence from Abramia
- fixed scope RPT errors for panelak buildings
- bridges are destructible now
- added ILS for Prato island runway
- massive overhaul of vegetation, added details
- additional terrain smoothing and optimization
- several tweaks and improvements
- whole new sector added North-East: Island Serval
- new towns: Serval and Skelter
- improved satellite image
- added missing Beltraz town mapmarker
- added flag texture (ibr\abramia\flags\flag_abramia_co.paa)
- various bugfixes
- fixed object positions that got borked up in 1.66
- improved graphics: satellite texture, middle texture and clutter
- removed default 5 percent fog setting, use Zeus advanced fog that is based on proper height
- smaller object placement fixes
- fixed skies & lighting that got wrecked with release of official patch 1.60+
- replaced a texture that BIS removed in 1.60 (for one of the winter trees)
- beach and terrain improvements
- clutter is now working and is compatible with all other islands
- added snowman on Mt. Rooker ;)
- added snow clutter (small bumps and snow covered rocks)
- improved distance middle texture
- improved satellite image of Isla Blanco
- runway in Yolandi is now properly lit during night-time
- removed snow spots in wierd places
- various smaller fixes
- corrected heights of CUP building A_Office01
- fixed archive
- fixed floating a_office01 buildings
- replaced broken panelak buildings from CUP with new ones
- clutter (grass) is visible again
- removed several very small trees in the central region (TacticalBonsai-bug, tnx zigomarvin)
- removed vegetation from roads near Albertin and Beltraz
- added town signs to Island of Vandella settlements
- added town sign for Vucoyeb village
- new island Blanco with a village and a Mental Asylum on a cliff rock
- added quite big Island of Vandella into southeast sector, feel free to explore it ;)
- removed storage house from a garage in the center of Yolandi
- moved location of Abramia in RL area between Northern Scotland and Norway
- several bugfixes
- fixed concrete area at Prato airbase
- added new asphalt texture
- altered heights near Camp Fisher
- fixed gas stations
- massive improvement of Yolandi, Focha, Rybak and Sakovo
- added ports to all 4 major towns (Yolandi, Rybak, Sakovo, Focha)
- additional terrain height fixes
- AI can cross Yolandi bridge now
- street lamps added
- tweaked warehouse in Lower Dion
- added 4 depots (science labs) at various Southern positions
- added small settlements East of Yolandi
- improved satellite & mask images
- added open churches
- added sawmill to Pepinal
- first semi-public test version intended for Tourists on Abramia Coop event
- many fixes
- increased terrain fidelity, mostly in Vukoyeb region
- added spots for bases and depots
- seaside town of Rybak now almost fully operational, but port is under re-construction for 0.9x update
- Community Upgrade Project - Terrains Core
- BI forums