This mod allows the serveradmin to use Zeus in every mission. You just need to press the Zeus Button (Default: Z). We use the mod to play missions in different ways, "unstuck" broken mission flows or add mod weapons to vanilla missions. That means, you get the ability to play a mission again with different loadouts, vehicles and enemies without the effort to change it with scripts or the editor (unpacking, changing, testing, packing, uploading). The use of the ARES-mod is strongly recommended.
- server side only mod
- only the whitelisted players can use it
- does not interfere with any existing Zeus in the mission
- add objects to Zeus (optional)
The neutral Zeus
Some attributes of Zeus-modules (side specific objectives, ...) can only be set if the zeus unit is on the side logic (not on side BLUFOR, OPFOR, etc.). To enable neutral Zeus, you have to copy the folder SLZ which is located in @SLZ\userconfig\ into the userconfig folder in your Arma 3 directory, and change the value in the file SLZ_settings.sqf. Be aware that you could break the mission if you use it, because the side of your unit is changed when you hit the zeus button. Some triggers etc. may not be functional anymore then.
Add Objects to Zeus
In the SLZ_settings.sqf, you can define a array of objects which will be added to zeus. More infos in the SLZ_settings.sqf.
To install the SLZ you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Recommended and/or optional addons and mods to use with seelenlos Zeus:
- Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality
Add Objects to Zeus
In the slz_settings.sqf, you can define a array of objects which will be added to zeus. More infos in the slz_settings.sqf.
- Don't mix up to many zeus login methods (native use, too)
- if you use #adminLogged Game Master Modules and virtualCurator entities or player controled curators don't login as admin if you are in a other curator slot
- the native curator itself has a bug: if you are in the mission, go back to loginscreen and join again, you have to die before you can use the curator again (expect the #adminLogged method)
Credits & Thanks:
Fry & Chucky from seelenlos-Team
License / Disclaimer:
- slz_sharedObjects variable added
- if it's set to true all objects which are created by slz curators are editable for every slz curator
- possible fix for exile server
- neutral Zeus removed
- SLZ_editPlayerUnits variable removed
- complete rewrite
- no admin zeus anymore (i think there is no need anymore)
- SLZ_whitelist variable added
- in the userconfig there is a array where you can add uid's (it is the number in the steam-profile link)
- if your uid is in this array you have zeus abilities
- SLZ_neutralZeus variable removed
- if you press zeus key you get the control of the virtualCurator which is always neutral
- your playerunit become hidden and invulnerable
- SLZ_editPlayerUnits variable added
- all playerunits can be edited if these players are in curatormode
- if it is set to false these units can also add to the curator editable object list by other scripts or mods like ares
- bug in the per frame eventHandler
- remove while do loops ---> replaced with a per frame eventHandler
- known issues from 1.1
- neutral zeus
- this option change the playerside if you enter the zeus to logic because only a neutral zeus can set all attributes: for example the sector control module
- copy the userconfig folder to your arma 3 folder and change the value in the SLZ_settings.sqf to true. (default = false)
- if the admin logout the other players can't be the zeus.
- first release
- BI forums