A lightweight extension for ArmA III to create logfiles.
dll files can harm your PC! Before running this you should make sure you understand the risks!
Armaholic is in no way responsible if this file causes any damages what so ever! Downloading and installing this program is at your own risk.
We have run anti-virus tools on the included exe and found no issues:
To install the A3Log you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
"-A3Log=Configurations/Mylogs.ini" (Only paths in your arma3server directory are allowed so in this case you would have a folder called Configurations inside of your serversetup and in that you have the config file called Mylogs.ini) - This feature is WIP
You can find the configuration at @A3Log/A3Log.ini
See @A3Log/addons/A3Log_examples.pbo for some examples.
Other examples will be included in a forum post at the BI community (See forum topic link)
This project is in early development, and there will be some updates in speed and features for this soon.
Thanks to Killzone_Kid for making a great documentation and tutorials about extensions, which made me start with extension making for arma3.
Thanks to my teammate Maurice for helping me with some c++ code
License / Disclaimer:
- [Added] x64 support for Windows and Linux
- Bugfixes for Windows
- Added an Debug output via console on Windows
- [Added] Combine custom logs by date into one folder
- Small formating changes and bugfixes
- [Added] Support to have the current date included in the log file messages. ( YYYY-MM-DD )
- Changed version number to 1.4 for the version command
- [Added] Linux support
- [Added] Linux source code & compiler guide
- [Added] Version check following the guidlines in the wiki: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Extensions
- [Added] Option to only use custom logs, so that the extension does not produce a unused main log file, if you do not use it at all - Idea from some users, not mine!
- [Fixed] The addon config.cpp did not contain required arrays, thx to tankbuster for that report (Both addon pbo's had that issue)
- BI forums
- C++ Redistributable 2013 32-Bit **
** VS2013 is only for windows