A simple to use system which allows mission makers to easily setup access points that allow players to reach places they wouldn't be able to normally reach (but should) *whew*.
Why'd I make it? Because Tanoa looks pretty, but the skyscrapers don't have interiors, making players unable to access the rooftops by foot.
[6-8-2016 4:25AM] It's currently 4:25AM as I write this message, and I wrote this system within the last couple of hours, so expect possible issues that my tired brain didn't think would happen at this time. I will be providing updates and the usual jazz.
Installation / Usage:
Preliminary: Copy "AccessPoints.sqf" to your mission folder and copy the execVM line from "Init.sqf" into yours.
1. Find yourself a nice building that you want to rig.
2. Place a trigger that you want a player to enter to access the roof.
3. Resize the trigger to better fit the doorway (optional)
4. Change the "Text" attribute of the trigger to follow the format "AccessPoint_UniquePairNameHere". This distinguishes this access point pair from the others.
5. Apply the change to the trigger text.
6. Copy the trigger (or create a new one, if you hate yourself).
7. Paste the trigger at the position you want players to be able to access.
8. Tweak the rotation and scaling of the new access point to your heart's desire.
9. Start the scenario and test it out!
10. Boom! That's it! You got it done like the badass you are.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Not yet tested in multiplayer.
License / Disclaimer:
Restricted access points to units only (anything that inherits from "CaManBase").
Multiplayer compatibility added.
Made units inherit access point trigger's direction.
- first release
- BI forums
Tags: No tags